Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Old May 18th 2019, 5:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Originally Posted by andyrebell
I will wait until Tuesday. What do I put down in section for enquirer information which says "relationship to applicant". There are 3 answers applicant, rep and sponsor. I am the son who filled out the application on his behalf.
Rep. When you did the application you applied as his representative, and ticked a box to say you were authorised by him etc.
Old May 18th 2019, 5:48 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Rep. When you did the application you applied as his representative, and ticked a box to say you were authorised by him etc.
Cheers
Old May 20th 2019, 11:05 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi again. Something else I have noticed just clocked it now "Correspondence Id" number from the email we got back is before his number maybe several tens of thousands though I processed my father's application before mine by a few minutes for what this is worth. Still nothing back yet but as you say public holiday.
Old May 21st 2019, 7:28 pm
Banned

I have sent the enquiry form at least I think I did. If we get no response we will simply never travel to Canada and just cancel the cruise.

Should we do another application? They will never process this current application for some reason it will never come back it would have come back by now.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 21st 2019 at 7:36 pm.
Old May 21st 2019, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

It is entirely possible that they are still struggling to catch up with the huge back-log caused by the break down ........... plus they have also been on holiday over the past weekend.

Did you use the link given to you earlier?
Old May 21st 2019, 8:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by scilly
It is entirely possible that they are still struggling to catch up with the huge back-log caused by the break down ........... plus they have also been on holiday over the past weekend.

Yes I used the link about half an hourly and I have not received an email confirming the receipt of enquiry. I think I completed the form correctly his name for the application my name as the rep the case number the v number his date of birth and ticked the boxes marking as case specfic enquiry uploading no documents as we have not been requested to do so.

They may simply have blocked his application in the same you block a telephone number that calls you whom you don't wish to speak to. I do not understand why my corrspodence id number would be before his by tens of thousands when i submitted his application first?

Last edited by andyrebell; May 21st 2019 at 8:39 pm.
Old May 21st 2019, 9:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by scilly

Would a fresh application supersede the old application? If it would then i will complete a second application in my fathers name and state that he is the person completing it and use his credit card to pay for it and use a different email address. He cannot access his email address he locked himself out and cannot remember the security question hence why we are using my email address.
Old May 21st 2019, 9:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Either way you will get a decision. There’s a valid explanation why your father’s application is taking longer than normal. You need to give it until the end of the week.
Old May 21st 2019, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Either way you will get a decision. There’s a valid explanation why your father’s application is taking longer than normal. You need to give it until the end of the week.
That won't do anything they will never reply or process the application any further for some reason which I struggle to understand. Unless the payment has been voided by the bank so they have stopped the application?. But if you withhold payment they reject the application outright at least the yanks do people have tried that trick with the esta. There has been no automated response to say the email query has been received and I know I didn't input my email address down incorrectly I know that much.

If I do a second app which is instantly approved what happens to this first one?
Old May 21st 2019, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

That won't do anything they will never reply or process the application any further for some reason which I struggle to understand.
That's your paranoia talking, not reality.

They will process the application, and you will get a reply, that much is certain.

If it is refused, you will be told why, and will not struggle to understand.

If you are struggling to understand because you haven't had an answer yet, that means you need to calm down, and wait.
Old May 21st 2019, 10:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid

They will process the application, and you will get a reply, that much is certain.

If you are struggling to understand because you haven't had an answer yet, that means you need to calm down, and wait.
The problem I have is I cannot view the actual application I have submitted to see if I made any mistakes. Why can you not view the application information you have submitted?
Old May 21st 2019, 11:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid

Will my father's U.S esta be revoked if this is denied? Or will he be able to get an esta in the future with the denial of entry to Canada and it is going to get denied 100% and we are not appealing it in court in Canada to go on a couple of cruises to halifax it is not worth it. I would rather cancel the upcoming and keep the thousands of pounds. I must have entered the incorrect information about a criminal record it is the only thing it can be. He would get a B2 with uk police certification of no criminal record that would not be a problem if it came to it I am sure. We have plenty of time yet current esta is good till July 20 passport expires then and the money for second cruise doesn't have to be paid until at least October time for a mid 2020 sailing we can get a new passport and esta before that time though we can change that cruise I am sure.

I am sorry about all these questions but there is a lot of money at stake here and I would keep it then be denied and not get anything back if that is the best option.
Old May 22nd 2019, 12:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Will my father's U.S esta be revoked if this is denied? Or will he be able to get an esta in the future with the denial of entry to Canada and it is going to get denied 100% and we are not appealing it in court in Canada to go on a couple of cruises to halifax it is not worth it. I would rather cancel the upcoming and keep the thousands of pounds. I must have entered the incorrect information about a criminal record it is the only thing it can be. He would get a B2 with uk police certification of no criminal record that would not be a problem if it came to it I am sure. We have plenty of time yet current esta is good till July 20 passport expires then and the money for second cruise doesn't have to be paid until at least October time for a mid 2020 sailing we can get a new passport and esta before that time though we can change that cruise I am sure.

I am sorry about all these questions but there is a lot of money at stake here and I would keep it then be denied and not get anything back if that is the best option.
You do realize that these are two different countries with a shared border only. Neither your's nor your father's ESTA or eTA are contingent on a decision of the other country.

Old May 22nd 2019, 5:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Please stop stressing and worrying before you have anything to be worried about

The case specific enquiry has a notice on the website to say that the autoresponder isn't working

If it’s been longer than 72 hours since you applied and you can’t check the status of your application, contact us using the Web form.
IRCC Web form

Issue with email responses

The web form is currently having some issues with email responses. You may not get an email confirming that we got your request. We’re still getting all the requests and we’ll answer you by email in 2 to 5 business days. We’re working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
Old May 22nd 2019, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rete
You do realize that these are two different countries with a shared border only. Neither your's nor your father's ESTA or eTA are contingent on a decision of the other country.
But haven't the esta questions been updated to now ask if you have been denied entry to another or deported from another country or something along those lines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.