Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

Old May 14th 2019, 5:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eta for my father not yet approved what if rejected?

The OP needs to be a little patient. His father’s details need to be data washed against a range of databases. If his details are similar to someone who is flagged as a POI then it may need human approval to push it through.
Old May 14th 2019, 7:44 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing yet and no tourist visa equal to U.S B2 visa exists for Canada that I can find every google search brings out the same apply for ETA which has already been applied for nothing says what to do or what forms to fill in. If this gets rejected you are going to have guide me through this step by step assuming a visa application is possible. I didn't know Canada had banned half the world from travelling to the country even Trump hasn't done that.
Old May 14th 2019, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Nothing yet and no tourist visa equal to U.S B2 visa exists for Canada that I can find every google search brings out the same apply for ETA which has already been applied for nothing says what to do or what forms to fill in. If this gets rejected you are going to have guide me through this step by step assuming a visa application is possible. I didn't know Canada had banned half the world from travelling to the country even Trump hasn't done that.
It hasn't 'banned half the world', that's ever so slightly overdramatic! It's just screening visitors, same as the US and most other countries do. If your father has no reason for his ETA to be refused then there's no need to worry, as said above it took a day or so for my husband's and son's to come back ok, presumably they just shared names with somebody on a database somewhere so had to be checked out by a real person rather than a computer.

When is he actually travelling?
Old May 14th 2019, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to calm down. From what you've said, there's no reason to expect a refusal, and it's only been a few hours.

Your approval may have come through unusually quickly, but there's nothing in any way uncommon about requesting an eTA and waiting a little while. As the first link you were given explains, it can take days in a totally normal application.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:07 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It hasn't 'banned half the world', that's ever so slightly overdramatic! It's just screening visitors, same as the US and most other countries do. If your father has no reason for his ETA to be refused then there's no need to worry, as said above it took a day or so for my husband's and son's to come back ok, presumably they just shared names with somebody on a database somewhere so had to be checked out by a real person rather than a computer.

When is he actually travelling?
Travel is early September.

But if it gets rejected there is no point to applying again and no tourist visa equal to U.S B2 visa exists that I can find every google search with phrases similar to travel to canada for British Citizen after being denied Eta comes up with nothing just sites advertising Eta which is pointless. Sites talk about studying or living in Canada we don't want to do that. Google visitor visa canada for british citizen again brings up Eta sites.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 14th 2019 at 8:09 pm.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But if it gets rejected there is no point to applying again and no tourist visa equal to U.S B2 visa exists every google search with phrases similar to travel to canada for British Citizen after being denied Eta comes up with nothing just sites advertising Eta which is pointless. Sites talk about studying or living in Canada we don't want to do that.
There isn't a visa option, only an appeal process. But again, why do you think it will be rejected? They'll only reject it if there is a reason - criminal record, inadmissibility, etc.

I'm posting this again in case you didn't click on it above - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...um=1063&top=16

Follow the link in that which has info on what to do if you haven't received approval after 72 hours, but I'd be amazed if you needed to follow that process.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:12 pm
Banned

This is the latest email to be received "We have received your uploaded documents. The application remains under review and you will be contacted if more information is required or once a decision is rendered on your application"
Old May 14th 2019, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

This is the latest email to be received "We have received your uploaded documents. The application remains under review and you will be contacted if more information is required or once a decision is rendered on your application"
Yep, perfectly normal and exactly what I had. I've just checked back and my sons took a couple of days to be approved (hubby's much quicker, just under 24 hours). Didn't worry me though because I knew my 10 year old son wasn't inadmissible so knew it would come good in the end.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:17 pm
Banned

There isn't a visa option, only an appeal process. But again, why do you think it will be rejected? They'll only reject it if there is a reason - criminal record, inadmissibility, etc.

I'm posting this again in case you didn't click on it above - How long will it take to process my eTA application?

Follow the link in that which has info on what to do if you haven't received approval after 72 hours, but I'd be amazed if you needed to follow that process.
They will reject it because I signed it in his name at the very end not my name yet I put my name down as the person doing the application on his behalf at the start. I should have just done it in his name and not said it was being done on his behalf. And I am not appealing this in a court in toronto or whatever that would costs thousands in lawyer fees and it is not worth that we just won't go to Canada ever end of story.

Sorry if I now coming back with an attitude but I am about to lose 3k in cruise holidays there are 2 and the thought of travelling by border by bus is unappealing given further thought I am autistic and would probably be shot dead by border agents upon seeing my father hauled any in hand cuffs I would not react well to us being left at the border while the bus drove away without us or a similar sceneario.

Last edited by andyrebell; May 14th 2019 at 8:24 pm.
Old May 14th 2019, 8:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

They will reject it because I signed it in his name at the very end not my name yet I put my name down as the person doing the application on his behalf at the start. I should have just done it in his name and not said it was being done on his behalf. And I am not appealing this in a court in toronto or whatever that would costs thousands in lawyer fees and it is not worth that we just won't go to Canada ever end of story sorry if I now coming back with an attitude but I am about to lose 3k in cruise holidays there are 2 and the thought of travelling by border by car is unappealing I am autistic and probably be shot dead by border agents upon seeing my father hauled any in hand cuffs

You did exactly what you were supposed to do. The instructions are quite clear that it should be the applicants name (your fathers) signed at the bottom of the form, so you filled it in correctly. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...ta/english.pdf

Old May 14th 2019, 8:25 pm
Banned

You did exactly what you were supposed to do. The instructions are quite clear that it should be the applicants name (your fathers) signed at the bottom of the form, so you filled it in correctly. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...ta/english.pdf
​​​​​​Thank you. And if I had mistakenly inputted the criminal record questions as yes which I am sure I did not do it would have been knocked back instantly I suspect.
Old May 15th 2019, 8:29 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Thank you. And if I had mistakenly inputted the criminal record questions as yes which I am sure I did not do it would have been knocked back instantly I suspect.
Not necessarily. Having a criminal record doesn't automatically make one inadmissible.

Incidentally the reason why Canada has no equivalent to B2 for UK citizens is because Canada has no visit visa requirement for UK citizens. You can appeal an eTA or border visit application refusal. ESTA is based on the I-94W visa waiver for a small number of nationalities and you can't appeal an I94-W refusal at all.

If Canada considers a UK citizen to be completely inadmissible as a visitor then there is usually a very good reason why.
Old May 15th 2019, 4:05 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1128692358734860288

eTA's have been delayed according to this latest tweet by IRCC. It might be why you are facing issues.
Old May 15th 2019, 9:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by G0ldie
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1128692358734860288

eTA's have been delayed according to this latest tweet by IRCC. It might be why you are facing issues.
Well I did his first then mine, mine came back approved very quickly within maybe a couple of minutes and 3 or so hours later I got the back the message posted above over his and nothing since.
Old May 15th 2019, 9:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Not necessarily. Having a criminal record doesn't automatically make one inadmissible.

Incidentally the reason why Canada has no equivalent to B2 for UK citizens is because Canada has no visit visa requirement for UK citizens. You can appeal an eTA or border visit application refusal. ESTA is based on the I-94W visa waiver for a small number of nationalities and you can't appeal an I94-W refusal at all.

If Canada considers a UK citizen to be completely inadmissible as a visitor then there is usually a very good reason why.
And on the U.S Esta VWP whatever they call it you can be deported and banned for ten years not just denied entry to the country without appeal what I have heard being done before is allowing the person to leave the airport and detaining them outside and hitting them with a ten year ban.

What would an appeal of a refusal involve? Going to court in Canada? It is not worth that not to go on a cruise from quebec city we just won't travel. It if can be resolved here we may pursue that if it comes to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.