eTA cancelled

Old Dec 29th 2018, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Default eTA cancelled

Hello,

I'm in a bit of a bind and I am hoping for some advice. So to give some background. I applied for a new passport in 2017 and when I got it I applied and got a new eTA. After I got my new passport I then applied for a new work permit. After a few weeks I received my new work permit in the mail. At the same time I receive an email from CIC confirming my brand new eTA (a newer one than the one I applied for). I thought nothing of it. Travelled home for Christmas 2017 and then again this year (I'm just back). I decided to check my eTA status and to my horror it said it had be cancelled. The one I checked was the first one that I applied for on my own. I did some quick investigations and discovered the documentation for my second eTA, the one I received with my work permit. The only issue is that when I checked the status of the new one the CIC system cannot locate it. As a double check I checked my original application and I can see my second eTA sitting there with the documentation flagged as valid (the first one when I do the same thing the documentation is flagged as invalid but the date this was updated was the date my second one was issued).

I've emailed CIC to explain this (I provided them with my documentation) and to ask for confirmation that my second eTA is valid. I feel that it is since I've been allowed to board flights to Canada on more than one occasion. I just want to ask if anyone else has ever been in this situation before and to ask how they handled it?