eTA Canadian Immigration

Old Dec 21st 2020, 6:31 am
Just Joined

ratnam is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool eTA Canadian Immigration

I am a Danish Citizen and visited Canada in 2017 with eTA approval and went to USA from Toronto and returned Denmark from USA.
Yestday I got an email as follows. Please be advised that the Canada Border Services Agency is currently reviewing your Immigration Enforcement file.

There is information on file which indicates that you have departed Canada. If you have departed Canada, then the Canada Border Services Agency may be able to confirm your departure if proof of departure is provided.

Examples of proof of departure are, but not limited to, the following;

· Passport entry/transit stamps accompanied by the corresponding Passport bio-data page

· Airline tickets/boarding passes

· Airline travel itinerary

· IMM0056 – Confirmation of Departure (issued at an overseas Canadian Government Office which provides consular services)

· Recent Photos of you in front of a recognizable landmark outside of Canada holding the current day’s National newspaper in that specific country

NOTE: The photos have to be clear and close enough to confirm your identity as well as the landmark. Further, the print of the newspaper must be legible so that a date can be verified (often this requires multiple photos)

Upon receipt of sufficient evidence that you have departed Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency may confirm your departure.

The more examples of proof provided will assist in confirming a departure from Canada.

A confirmation of departure will allow an individual to make an application for an Authorization to Return to Canada, if they wish to return.

Please refer to the below link for additional information with respect to applying for an Authorization to Return to Canada.
The received mailadresse starting with M and some [email protected] I am doubt about this mail, normally if Canadian immigration wants any documents the embassy in our territory would contact me for information. I sent a mail to embassy regarding this matter but unfortunately they do not want to answer questions like this. Does any one have had experience like this or Please advice me to the next step.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 9:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eTA Canadian Immigration

An embassy wouldn't normally contact you about this, that's not what they do, this email does sound genuine and certainly the email address looks genuine.

Is there a word missing from the text you've copied and pasted above though, should it say "There is information on file which indicates that you have not departed Canada"? If so, sounds like they think you've overstayed and you just need to prove that that's not the case, which should be fairly easy to do.

HTH.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it does sound very odd. If you entered the US you will have an official US Immigration stamp in your passport showing the date of entry.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your concerns about a possible scam. If it were me, I would call the CBSA and ask them if they actually sent this or of they have any concerns that you have left Canada.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

· Recent Photos of you in front of a recognizable landmark outside of Canada holding the current day’s National newspaper in that specific country

This sounds like something from a bad movie.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

This sounds like something from a bad movie.
I know its the way the email is worded, but its made to sound like you might just have one of these ready to go like "oh yea, actually I took that photo next to the tower in Pisa holding the Italian gazette"

I also like how it has to be the newspaper of the country you are in too, so taking a the daily star you read in the airport with you isn't good enough, you've got to go buy a french newspaper in Paris, and not be able to read a word it says!!
Old Dec 21st 2020, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Wharfer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your email might been hacked and someone is trying to steal your identity. Emails with numbers are very suspicious. Lastly where did you cross the border when leaving Toronto towards the USA (by plane, car on foot?)
Old Dec 21st 2020, 8:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

A gentle reminder that we like to keep the Immigration and Citizenship forum on topic, without general chitchat, thanks.

Looking at the OP's posting history, it may be that CBSA just want to ensure that they left the country, and are asking for evidence of the same. The email address appears to be genuine. https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/menu-eng.html

By far the easiest thing to do would be to request further information, contact CBSA and ask - or supply what they are asking for.
Examples of proof of departure are, but not limited to, the following;

· Passport entry/transit stamps accompanied by the corresponding Passport bio-data page

· Airline tickets/boarding passes

· Airline travel itinerary

· IMM0056 – Confirmation of Departure (issued at an overseas Canadian Government Office which provides consular services)
Upon receipt of sufficient evidence that you have departed Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency may confirm your departure.

The more examples of proof provided will assist in confirming a departure from Canada.

A confirmation of departure will allow an individual to make an application for an Authorization to Return to Canada, if they wish to return.

Please refer to the below link for additional information with respect to applying for an Authorization to Return to Canada.
Was this the link given in respect of applying for an Authorisation to return to Canada - had you made any enquiries into getting this prior to receiving the email?

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 21st 2020 at 8:47 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of info missing/required before I can chirp in.

OP when you arrived were you issued with a visitor record and for how long?
From your post and the letter it indicates an enforcement file have you any idea what this is as we don't open files on people who haven't done anything wrong or not suspected of doing something wrong.
Did anything happen in Canada that might cause CBSA to interview you or have concerns?
Old Dec 21st 2020, 10:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
There is a lot of info missing/required before I can chirp in.

OP when you arrived were you issued with a visitor record and for how long?
From your post and the letter it indicates an enforcement file have you any idea what this is as we don't open files on people who haven't done anything wrong or not suspected of doing something wrong.
Did anything happen in Canada that might cause CBSA to interview you or have concerns?
Have a look at the OP’s previous posts.

HTH.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have a look at the OP’s previous posts.

HTH.
Sounds like work
OK looks like they had to apply for a TRP meaning they were inadmissible prior to coming to Canada. Entered Canada with TRP but left without confirming their departure with CBSA. CBSA now need proof they actually left Canada.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 10:51 am
Just Joined

I would like to thank all, who interested to comment on my issue. specially Former Lancastrian

I have to outline the history of our visits in Canada. In 2000 my wife and me visited Canada and unfortunately there was issued a departure order on charge of not disclosed our earlier stay in Canada. Then in 2017 we tried to apply for a TRP that time I am pretty sure that Former Lancastrian advised me to apply for eTA and we got eTA approval and visited for two weeks. I visited 25th June 2018 and my wife and children visited 27th June 2018 and then we altogether left after a week Toronto to Orlando USA by Air and after one week of stay in USA we returned to Denmark.

Then again, my wife visited Canada 25th JUL 2019 and was issued a DD230 390 904 form and after 5 days, she returned from Toronto to Denmark. (she did not surrender DD230 390 904 back when she left Toronto Airport)

Firstly, I could not understand this issue for me or my wife, as the email address is same for both. Unfortunately, CBSA did not write the name of the passenger.

Secondly as I understand passenger’s departure should automatically be registered and delivered to the Immigration. If I am right. And during these periods we never overstayed in Canada or did anything wrong against Canadian Laws.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 9:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ratnam
I would like to thank all, who interested to comment on my issue. specially Former Lancastrian

I have to outline the history of our visits in Canada. In 2000 my wife and me visited Canada and unfortunately there was issued a departure order on charge of not disclosed our earlier stay in Canada. Then in 2017 we tried to apply for a TRP that time I am pretty sure that Former Lancastrian advised me to apply for eTA and we got eTA approval and visited for two weeks. I visited 25th June 2018 and my wife and children visited 27th June 2018 and then we altogether left after a week Toronto to Orlando USA by Air and after one week of stay in USA we returned to Denmark.

Then again, my wife visited Canada 25th JUL 2019 and was issued a DD230 390 904 form and after 5 days, she returned from Toronto to Denmark. (she did not surrender DD230 390 904 back when she left Toronto Airport)

Firstly, I could not understand this issue for me or my wife, as the email address is same for both. Unfortunately, CBSA did not write the name of the passenger.

Secondly as I understand passenger’s departure should automatically be registered and delivered to the Immigration. If I am right. And during these periods we never overstayed in Canada or did anything wrong against Canadian Laws.
Was your wife issued a departure order? (Not sure what the form you have mentioned she received is, I can't find any reference to it) If so, she had to comply within 30 days and inform CBSA on departure - https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security...m-ren-eng.html -

Old Dec 23rd 2020, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DD is just the document serial number. The actual document would have the type of document issued i.e Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit etc etc. It will only become an issue if wanting to visit Canada again or provide the CBSA or local Canadian Embassy via documentation that the person actually left Canada or is currently residing in her home country.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much now we can understand what to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.