eTA

Old Feb 22nd 2023, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Rugbys Finest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eTA

My father's application for eTA has been in process since March 7th 2022, It's approaching one year since the original application and it's still showing as "in process" . I have sent numerous case specific enquiries and all their responses are what I can see online. The only request I had was for an updated CV dating back from 1961 until he retired. My father is 80 years old, has a British passport and has lived in England since 1960. We have our local MP involved and they do a monthly checkup with IRCC and the feedback the MP gets is the same as what I do.

My daughter is getting married in September this year and now I am very worried if my father will know of the final decision before then. As anyone else been in a similar situation where their eTA application has taken over a year to process.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

ribblerider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: eTA

Originally Posted by Rugbys Finest
My father's application for eTA has been in process since March 7th 2022, It's approaching one year since the original application and it's still showing as "in process" . I have sent numerous case specific enquiries and all their responses are what I can see online. The only request I had was for an updated CV dating back from 1961 until he retired. My father is 80 years old, has a British passport and has lived in England since 1960. We have our local MP involved and they do a monthly checkup with IRCC and the feedback the MP gets is the same as what I do.

My daughter is getting married in September this year and now I am very worried if my father will know of the final decision before then. As anyone else been in a similar situation where their eTA application has taken over a year to process.
ETA as in electronic travel authorisation for flying over if on holiday or so? It should be processed pretty much the same day provided you dont answer yes to the criminal and health questions. I went through this process recently in January. Answered yes to a past criminal conviction and took about 2-3 weeks to process and thankfully got the tick in the box to visit.

Was yes answered to any questions that may result in further vetting?
Old Feb 27th 2023, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Rugbys Finest is an unknown quantity at this point

We answered all no, my father has no criminal record. He has visited Canada twice before the Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced and both times he stay in Canada was no more than 3 weeks each.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

ribblerider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rugbys Finest
We answered all no, my father has no criminal record. He has visited Canada twice before the Electronic Travel Authorization was introduced and both times he stay in Canada was no more than 3 weeks each.

Maybe a glitch/lost in the system if it's been since March 2022? There may be someone here who can advise what to do. Ie withdraw existing application and submit a new one. Also, have you been given any reference number? If so, if it starts with a 'V' then it's under vetting which mine had before I got a new one with a prefix of 'J'.