Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ENTREPRENEUR - REMOVING CONDITIONS OF LANDING

ENTREPRENEUR - REMOVING CONDITIONS OF LANDING

Old Dec 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ENGLANDIA will become famous soon enough
Default ENTREPRENEUR - REMOVING CONDITIONS OF LANDING

Hello i applied under the Entrepneur Category in june 2001. I got landed on 22 sep 2005.I had conditions imposed -i had to set up a new business or buy a successful business or buy a share into an existing business.
I chose the latter + bought a 50% share in a restaurant .I sent my application to have my conditions removed in january 2008.
I got a letter confirming my application to have conditions removed.
I made a phone call in NOV + was told by the immigration officer that my file has not been looked at yet.
I want to sell my share in the restaurant as i now want to just get a regular job + spend more time with my wife + young kids.
Can the immig dept refuse to remove my conditions if i sell the business.
Can i now apply for citizenship having been here 3 years 3 months.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: ENTREPRENEUR - REMOVING CONDITIONS OF LANDING

anyone out there who has emmigrated to canada thru the entrepreneur category + has experienced my situation or can give some info please.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:54 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ENGLANDIA
anyone out there who has emmigrated to canada thru the entrepreneur category + has experienced my situation or can give some info please.
Hi Really sorry cant help - not something I know anything about but thought Id reply out of courtesy as no-one else has replied at all. Hopefully the bump up the list will give it another go
Old Dec 28th 2008, 10:31 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

Maybe you could contact the "Business Immigration Section" at your local "Ministry of Economic Development and Trade". for guidance.

My experience of speaking to them is that they are very helpful and I would find it hard to belive they would want to cause you any suffering if you were forced to do something you were not happy with having given it your best shot.

Of course maybe a total waste of time...

Would be pleased if you updated the thread with the response.

Good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:58 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hello i applied under the Entrepneur Category in june 2001. I got landed on 22 sep 2005.I had conditions imposed -i had to set up a new business or buy a successful business or buy a share into an existing business.
I chose the latter + bought a 50% share in a restaurant .I sent my application to have my conditions removed in january 2008.
I made a phone call in NOV + was told by the immigration officer that my file has not been looked at yet.
I want to sell my share in the restaurant as i now want to just get a regular job + spend more time with my wife + young kids.
Can the immig dept refuse to remove my conditions if i sell the business.
Can i now apply for citizenship having been here 3 years 3 months.
1. Until the conditions on PR visa are removed, you can't apply for citizenship.
2. Basically you are going to have to wait until the local CIC looks at the business and decides whether to remove the conditions or not.
3. I personally would wait until the conditions are removed before selling the business, but it is your decision.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Hello everyone i would just like to share my good news.I have just got the letter advising that my conditions are now cancelled. Finally after exactly 8 years from my application + 3 yrs 9 months after landing my conditions are cancelled.
Can i now immeditely apply for citizenship having been here since 22sep 2005 ?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Hello everyone i would just like to share my good news.I have just got the letter advising that my conditions are now cancelled. Finally after exactly 8 years from my application + 3 yrs 9 months after landing my conditions are cancelled.
Can i now immeditely apply for citizenship having been here since 22sep 2005 ?
Congratulations. That's great news.

Ray