Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Entering into Canada to wait for the LMO approval

Entering into Canada to wait for the LMO approval

Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:05 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entering into Canada to wait for the LMO approval

Originally Posted by edgardavids76
Thanks again.

el_richo: I've emailed http://www.cic.gc.ca/ a few times now regarding spousal sponsorship and they've always said that my spouse must be able to prove that she can support me. I know that was the case when I was my wife's sponsor for entry to the UK 11 years ago.
Regardless, it's definitely something we'll look at again when we get to Canada (too late to make the Outland application as we fly on July 3rd).

And as for over-analysing... you're right, but I want everything clear as possible when we go in and if for any reason it would be better to travel separately, or for me to stay in the UK until the LMO comes, then that's what we'll have to do.

Former Lancastrian:

Apologies if I'm being a bit dense here, but: are we best to turn up as a family and state our intention to stay and make the application for spousal sponsorship from inside Canada? In other words, make no mention of the job offer / LMO delay? Or just give the full story and see what they say?
Thanks.

Additional info: it turns out that my LMO was deleted because the first company who went through the process on my behalf (and who I then turned down) called up to have my file deleted. This was after the company I AM going to work for had made their LMO application and all trace of my file has disappeared from the system.
Im sorry but I think you may have misread the info they gave you. You both have to sign a document saying she will support you financially for the first 3 years if necessary rather than receive state funds such as benefits.

She does not have to prove he is earning enough to support you now, however. There is no proof of funds or earnings needed.

July 3rd gives you enough time to cram it through but it's up to you. Even if you complete the application while in canada, make sure to put London as the visa office to have this done outland. Its much much much quicker.

You really have done this the hard way but good luck with everything