On entering the country

Old Aug 19th 2013, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice
Default On entering the country

Hi my partner is now in Canada on LMO
I'm looking to join him end of September with our son, I'v just read about a common law form I have to fill in, do I need to still fill this in if I intend to apply for a temporary work visa? (I'm guessing yes)
Thanks Sam
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On entering the country

Originally Posted by Sampace1983
Hi my partner is now in Canada on LMO
I'm looking to join him end of September with our son, I'v just read about a common law form I have to fill in, do I need to still fill this in if I intend to apply for a temporary work visa? (I'm guessing yes)
Thanks Sam
What is your citizenship? How long have you been common law? What is his NOC job code and skill level on the NOC matrix? You may be eligible for a spousal open work permit or you may not. More info required.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Sampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really niceSampace1983 is just really nice

We are both British citizens
We been together 5 years
His NOC 72-- (can remember off the top my head) but he's classed as skilled
The company he works for mentioned spouse open work visa, so I guess it's this I need to fill in? Where can I get one off the cic web site?
Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2013, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sampace1983
We are both British citizens
We been together 5 years
His NOC 72-- (can remember off the top my head) but he's classed as skilled
The company he works for mentioned spouse open work visa, so I guess it's this I need to fill in? Where can I get one off the cic web site?
Thanks
NOC group 72 is skill level B so Yes you can apply for SOWP. You will need some proof of relationship and a copy of your OHs work permit.
You can apply at the Port of Entry and pay the $150 for the work permit and depending on the age of the child a visitor record will be issued to allow child to attend school. Its convincing CBSA that you are common law is the challenge and providing satisfactory evidence of such. Copies of joint bank account statements, mortgage or rental agreements, utility bills etc etc.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

so apart from gathering evidence i dont need to fill any forms until i hit canada? also our son is 3. hoping he can attend pre-kindergarden if we can find a school and place.

we dont have a joint accounts we do have tax credits in both our names would these be ok? what else can i provide (apart from a copy of his lmo and work permit/contract) will a written letter from him help at all!?

thanks
Old Aug 19th 2013, 4:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
NOC group 72 is skill level B so Yes you can apply for SOWP. You will need some proof of relationship and a copy of your OHs work permit.
You can apply at the Port of Entry and pay the $150 for the work permit and depending on the age of the child a visitor record will be issued to allow child to attend school. Its convincing CBSA that you are common law is the challenge and providing satisfactory evidence of such. Copies of joint bank account statements, mortgage or rental agreements, utility bills etc etc.
Wouldn't the 3 yr old son's birth certificate be rather helpful in establishing common law?
Old Aug 19th 2013, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

lol yer i guess so!