Entering Canada....

Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Question Entering Canada....

Hi,

Have just received request for passports for PR Visa. Hooray.

Would like to ask whether anyone knows what the entry rules are, have been given the date that must enter (1yr from medical). But we have a business that might take longer to close down so complicates things for us.....

Can we enter Canada by the due date but then leave shortly after to come back and keep finishing up our affairs here? Or once you enter do you have to stay for a certain length of time?

Thanks.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of
Default Re: Entering Canada....

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Hi,

Would like to ask whether anyone knows what the entry rules are, have been given the date that must enter (1yr from medical). But we have a business that might take longer to close down so complicates things for us.....

Can we enter Canada by the due date but then leave shortly after to come back and keep finishing up our affairs here? Or once you enter do you have to stay for a certain length of time?

Thanks.
Congratulations! You have to activate the PR visa on or before the anniversary of your medical. You can "land" and then leave on the next flight out of Canada. You then have to meet residency obligations i.e. that you spend at least 2 years out of the next five in Canada.

Best of luck!

Michelle
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Congratulations! You have to activate the PR visa on or before the anniversary of your medical. You can "land" and then leave on the next flight out of Canada. You then have to meet residency obligations i.e. that you spend at least 2 years out of the next five in Canada.

Best of luck!

Michelle

Thanks for your best wishes Michelle, we are incredibly excited! Has been a long process so absolutely thrilled to be finally able to make arrangements to go!

Cheers for clarification, this has been our understanding from reading the official site but just wanted to see if anyone else knew or could clarify for us in case we read it wrong.

So basically, as long as we enter by deadline date (1 yr from medical) we are free to leave to tie up our affairs here, but must return for a 2yr residency in Canada within the 5 yrs.

What about our PR Cards? I thought we had to receive those over there? What if we have to leave before we get them?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

What about our PR Cards? I thought we had to receive those over there? What if we have to leave before we get them?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks JAJ.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks.
Hi

Can I just ask you when you did your meds?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks.
Fab news, congratulations