Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Enter on Visitor Visa then change to IEC

Enter on Visitor Visa then change to IEC

Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Enter on Visitor Visa then change to IEC

I have a family member who is looking to apply for the IEC 2012 which has now just opened. He is already flying out on Jan 25th 2012 and the initial plan was for him to enter on a Visitor visa and then apply for the IEC from within Canada.

My concern with the above is that now the IEC is available for people for a second year they may be more in demand than last year and he may need to apply for one straight away. Police check has already been obtained as well. Will immigration have any issues with someone entering Canada on a visitor visa when they already have an IEC application in process?

Thanks in advance

Tim
Old Dec 19th 2011, 7:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enter on Visitor Visa then change to IEC

Hi

Originally Posted by tim010
I have a family member who is looking to apply for the IEC 2012 which has now just opened. He is already flying out on Jan 25th 2012 and the initial plan was for him to enter on a Visitor visa and then apply for the IEC from within Canada.

My concern with the above is that now the IEC is available for people for a second year they may be more in demand than last year and he may need to apply for one straight away. Police check has already been obtained as well. Will immigration have any issues with someone entering Canada on a visitor visa when they already have an IEC application in process?

Thanks in advance

Tim
No, but he will have to exit and re-enter Canada to validate it.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Thanks for that advice. Much appreciated.

Tim
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

inayath is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Enter on Visitor Visa then change to IEC

Hi,
I,m a British Expatriate and currently working in Abu Dhabi. I,m thinking of moving to Canada. I have experience in Sales & Customer Services for more then 12 Years. I,m 37 years old. I have a diploma in Business Administration.
My Question with regards to which City should I consider in Canada related to my field as I would like to do the search on walk in basis to companies and organizations to seek employment.

Your valuable suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Inayath.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inayath
Hi,
I,m a British Expatriate and currently working in Abu Dhabi. I,m thinking of moving to Canada. I have experience in Sales & Customer Services for more then 12 Years. I,m 37 years old. I have a diploma in Business Administration.
My Question with regards to which City should I consider in Canada related to my field as I would like to do the search on walk in basis to companies and organizations to seek employment.

Your valuable suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Inayath.
Inayath,

Your best bet would be to start a new thread in the main 'Canada' section of the forum and to not hijack other people's threads...
Old Dec 20th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

inayath is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Inayath,

Your best bet would be to start a new thread in the main 'Canada' section of the forum and to not hijack other people's threads...
Pardon me,,, I did not realize that!!!!!