Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

English Proficiency Letter from Employer?

English Proficiency Letter from Employer?

Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:25 am
mahharrouf

Default English Proficiency Letter from Employer?

I need a module letter for show my English Proficiency from my previous Employer.I wrote them and they just replied, write your duties and what you want, they will stamp. I have prepared my Reference letter include my all jobs and duties.

I need your help guys, What should i write in English proficiency Letter as Employer, which i have to submit canadian embassy. Please write down a module with impressive and professional looking wordings. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Old Apr 18th 2009, 2:02 am
mahharrouf

Default Re: English Proficiency Letter from Employer?

Originally Posted by mahharrouf
I need a module letter for show my English Proficiency from my previous Employer.I wrote them and they just replied, write your duties and what you want, they will stamp. I have prepared my Reference letter include my all jobs and duties.

I need your help guys, What should i write in English proficiency Letter as Employer, which i have to submit canadian embassy. Please write down a module with impressive and professional looking wordings. Any help would be highly appreciated.
No any one here ready to help me

Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

No any one here ready to help me
Are you asking about something to prove your ability in English, or your work experience? I've never heard of an employer providing a "module letter" regarding proficiency in English.

If English isn't your first language, then you should really be taking the IELTS test to prove your proficiency in English. I don't think CIC will accept a letter from an employer. They take language ability really seriously, and you need to take the test unless your native language is English (or French).

If you are talking about a letter to prove your work experience, then you can check what it needs to contain on the CIC website. Probably best to go to the specific form for your Visa Processing office. I know the London form lists what they need to see and I would have thought those for the other offices would contain similar details.

Sorry if this isn't what you need. If not, perhaps you could explain a bit more background to your question.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Mahharrouf
I think Mark has it right you need to be looking at taking IELTS test to prove your proficiency in English . Don't think a letter from your employer will be any good . Hope you find the advice you need on the forum .
regards
joinerboy
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Mark is absolutely right, you will have to take IELTS.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:13 pm
mahharrouf

Thanks for you all posting here. yes, i am going to take IELTS,my exam is 30th, I want just give a try for english explanation letter just in case if i get low band score. I know there are very less chances that it will work, but giving a try will loose nothing i guess. To you Mark, actually i am not talking about a complete language proficiency letter from Employer, i need just one little paragraph which would be just like a proof that i worked in one English speaking enviornment and during work, i never face any deficulty to communicate with my co workers which most of them were native english speakers. My only problem is limited vocabulary,i am IT professional and in my filed, i understand things perfect, but as general of course English is not my native language.

So please just write a paragraph with impressive vocabulary which shows, my employers was satisfy with my communication skills in english. Thanks again to you all.

Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you all posting here. yes, i am going to take IELTS,my exam is 30th, I want just give a try for english explanation letter just in case if i get low band score. I know there are very less chances that it will work, but giving a try will loose nothing i guess. To you Mark, actually i am not talking about a complete language proficiency letter from Employer, i need just one little paragraph which would be just like a proof that i worked in one English speaking enviornment and during work, i never face any deficulty to communicate with my co workers which most of them were native english speakers. My only problem is limited vocabulary,i am IT professional and in my filed, i understand things perfect, but as general of course English is not my native language.

So please just write a paragraph with impressive vocabulary which shows, my employers was satisfy with my communication skills in english. Thanks again to you all.
Surely if this is a letter from your employer, stating that your employer was happy with your proficiency then it should be written by your employer and not by a forum poster whom you have not met.
In addition forum posters can only go on the evidence of your English ability as displayed on here.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:00 pm
mahharrouf

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Surely if this is a letter from your employer, stating that your employer was happy with your proficiency then it should be written by your employer and not by a forum poster whom you have not met.
In addition forum posters can only go on the evidence of your English ability as displayed on here.
Thanks for your reply. If you could see my first post (main post in thread) before last, hope you will understand reason of why, anyhow,thanks for your input.

Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but I'm going to close this thread.

You cannot ask the members of this forum (the majority of whom have English as their first language) to help you compose a letter which will help to show your proficiency in English. If you can't manage to find 'impressive vocabulary' on your own, then us helping would be cheating and I cannot let people do that.