English education

Old Feb 11th 2012, 5:22 pm
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English education

Hiya
I had a meeting with Brazolot last year and he informed me that under the English education system, English people can only claim 11 years for primary and secondary school (for my wife, cic website states " a 2 year diploma and at least 14 years of education")
If indeed he is correct then she would only have 13 years of education.
Anybody shed any light on if he is correct or not ( I feel he may have been trying to convince me that he could sort it all out for a nice big fat fee)
Also, my wife did a Btec national in travel & tourism (over 2 years) AND an NVQ in catering and hospitality(over 2 years) at the same time.
Can we claim 15 years total for her education ( 11 years school and 2 x 2 years after that? I,m sure i have read on the cic website somewhere that we can
Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2012, 8:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English education

Originally Posted by Claren
Hiya
I had a meeting with Brazolot last year and he informed me that under the English education system, English people can only claim 11 years for primary and secondary school (for my wife, cic website states " a 2 year diploma and at least 14 years of education")
Anybody shed any light on if he is correct or not ( I feel he may have been trying to convince me that he could sort it all out for a nice big fat fee)
Also, my wife did a Btec national in travel & tourism (over 2 years) AND an NVQ in catering and hospitality(over 2 years) at the same time.
Can we claim 15 years total for her education ( 11 years school and 2 x 2 years after that? I,m sure i have read on the cic website somewhere that we can
Thanks
One would expect you claim for what you had and can prove, primary to A level could easily be 14 years, which is what I put in.

You may want to do some research on whether to use an agent or not. The firm you have spoken to have been mentioned on here in one or two threads.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:26 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya
Thanks
Google Brazolot and also search them on BE for recommendations.

There are other consultants if you need one and a search on here will also provide some names you could look into.

Are your circumstances especially complicated? If not, why not do it yourself?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 5:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Are your circumstances especially complicated? If not, why not do it yourself?
Even if they are, its not that hard to do yourself.

Research, planning and following instructions in the guide, fill in the form.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:29 am
AB/SK

Hi
I am actually doing the forms myself already, I was just enquiring as to what people have put down for their number of years education and how you prove it.
My wife has certs for her gcse,s, so does she put 11 or 12 years?
She did 2, 2 year courses at the same time so can she claim 4 years or only 2?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:33 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Not sure if anyone would want to make that guess for you. The cost of getting wrong is half the fee and perhaps another year in UK.

6 years primary, 5 years GCSE, 2 years A level or equiv = 13 years.

Work out the points for this, if it takes you to 67 or more - JACKPOT.

If not, take a gamble or get the help of an expensive professional.

Good luck with the application.fletch.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:32 pm
AB/SK

She is at college at the moment, so end of May she has 14 years of education if I take it as 11 years to gcse,s and 2 years Btec/NVQ.
With this last year she has 14 years and a 2 year diploma, just didnt want to wait until May
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:16 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

She is at college at the moment, so end of May she has 14 years of education if I take it as 11 years to gcse,s and 2 years Btec/NVQ.
With this last year she has 14 years and a 2 year diploma, just didnt want to wait until May
What NOC code ae you planning to apply under and what experience does she have in that sector?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 6:42 pm
AB/SK

I am applying as a plumber 7251, I worked for a company over 5 years but that company went bust. I have payslips etc to prove I worked there but can't supply a reference on company headed paper ( as the company no longer exists)
I will have another years experience May ( that I can prove) and with my wifes 2 year diploma and 14 years education will get 67 points.
So my dilemma is do I;
A; send an application in the beginning of May once I have 1 years experience and hope that they accept she has 2 year diploma and 14 yrs education
B; Wait until she finishes the course she is on now (first week in June) when she has definitely done 14 years and hope that the 10,000 limit on FSW has not been reached.
so so frustrating because if I could get more proof of my past work this wouldn't even be an issue and I could send now.
Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received
Old Feb 12th 2012, 6:56 pm
Banned

I am applying as a plumber 7251, I worked for a company over 5 years but that company went bust. I have payslips etc to prove I worked there but can't supply a reference on company headed paper ( as the company no longer exists)
I will have another years experience May ( that I can prove) and with my wifes 2 year diploma and 14 years education will get 67 points.
So my dilemma is do I;
A; send an application in the beginning of May once I have 1 years experience and hope that they accept she has 2 year diploma and 14 yrs education
B; Wait until she finishes the course she is on now (first week in June) when she has definitely done 14 years and hope that the 10,000 limit on FSW has not been reached.
so so frustrating because if I could get more proof of my past work this wouldn't even be an issue and I could send now.
Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received
plumbing is no where near full for this year and it will likely be the same next, if it is on the list. Tough call what did brazalot say? Did they think thatyou qualified. Do you know your old boss and do you know where he lives, a letter from him would square you away. fletch
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:19 pm
AB/SK

I can get a letter from my old boss and I have printed off proof that the company no longer exists ( from a government website) I have payslips going back to 2003 but apart from a letter from my boss I can't prove what I did, just that I worked there.Not sure this will be enough.
There are less than 50 plumbers on the cic list so that's not the problem, its the total reaching 10,000 before I get my application in, that's the worry.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:33 pm
Banned

I can get a letter from my old boss and I have printed off proof that the company no longer exists ( from a government website) I have payslips going back to 2003 but apart from a letter from my boss I can't prove what I did, just that I worked there.Not sure this will be enough.
There are less than 50 plumbers on the cic list so that's not the problem, its the total reaching 10,000 before I get my application in, that's the worry.
get him to write the letter saying what you did. look at the CIC website for the duties that are expected for plumbers and these should appear in the letter. proof. Howdo you think others get proof. If you also have an old contract that would add to the evidence.