Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

English Carpenter wanting to move to BC - Red Seal

English Carpenter wanting to move to BC - Red Seal

Old Mar 15th 2014, 12:01 am
Just Joined

emski1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Carpenter wanting to move to BC - Red Seal

My partner is a Carpenter with 15 years of experience, we are looking to apply under what I believe to be the FSTP. I have downloaded all the forms to fill in but I have a question about his Red Seal exam, does he have to complete this before sending off the form? or can this be added after?

We've booked to go back out to Vancouver in June so I am applying for the Red Seal exam to be then.

If there's and other help, advise you can give me it would be much appreciated. Other routes maybe?
It all sounds so complicated, is it easier through a agency however I have read they take your money and don't help with the paper work.

Thanks
Emma
Old Mar 15th 2014, 11:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Carpenter wanting to move to BC - Red Seal

He needs to complete it before he sends the application off (unless he has a job offer) - he must meet all the eligibility criteria at the time of applying, or his application will just be refused.

No need to use an immigration consultant (assume that's what you mean by 'agency') at all unless you have complicated circumstances.

Good luck!
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

emski1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You for this information, got a feeling this is going to be long process!

But I'm determinded, so
Old Mar 16th 2014, 9:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emski1986
Thank You for this information, got a feeling this is going to be long process!

But I'm determinded, so
Yep, unfortunately there's no 'quick' (or easy, or cheap) when it comes to Canadian immigration!

Best of luck with it.