Engagement How to inform?

Old May 10th 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

vemulas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engagement How to inform?

Hi,
I applied to canadian immigration under skilled worker from Buffalo CIC. My case is going to finalize within in two months according my CAIPS notes. But the problem is I am not getting enough points. I have only option to increase points through marriage only. I got engaged recently. I am planning to inform CIC about my engagement in this way they can prolong my case some more time (I belive).In the mean time I can send marriage cetificate.

Is anybody have idea how to inform CIC about engagement?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
vemulas
Old May 10th 2005, 3:16 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engagement How to inform?

Hi

Originally Posted by vemulas
Hi,
I applied to canadian immigration under skilled worker from Buffalo CIC. My case is going to finalize within in two months according my CAIPS notes. But the problem is I am not getting enough points. I have only option to increase points through marriage only. I got engaged recently. I am planning to inform CIC about my engagement in this way they can prolong my case some more time (I belive).In the mean time I can send marriage cetificate.

Is anybody have idea how to inform CIC about engagement?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
vemulas
Engagement is not enough, unless you are married CHC doesn't care. So if you feel that that your IA is in 2 months, then you better be married and have your wife's info in to CIC before they make the decision. Good luck.

PMM
Old May 10th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Engagement is not enough, unless you are married CHC doesn't care. So if you feel that that your IA is in 2 months, then you better be married and have your wife's info in to CIC before they make the decision. Good luck.

PMM
Hi PMM,
I had interview one year ago. I am excepting final decession with in two months.

Thanks
Old May 10th 2005, 4:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

What makes you expect decision in 2 months? If it is BF Date then forget it as such doesn't mean anything, it is only a reminder. What SELDEC says in your CAIPS?

When did you apply?

Hi PMM,
I had interview one year ago. I am excepting final decession with in two months.

Thanks
Old May 11th 2005, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
What makes you expect decision in 2 months? If it is BF Date then forget it as such doesn't mean anything, it is only a reminder. What SELDEC says in your CAIPS?

When did you apply?
Hi Andrew,
I applied in 2002. I had interview last year june. They asked me to submit additional documents(Like IELTS,FBI report...etc). I submitted in january. According CAIPS file I have 63 points. SELDEC say 0. BF date is next month.
Becasue of these reasons I came to conclusion.

Thanks
vemulas
Old May 11th 2005, 5:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't look good as selection decision wasn't made after interview in anticipation that requested additional evidence may boost your score. But if your score is still 63 points after taking into account all additional evidence then the only good news is that there may still be a fraction of hope as long as you didn't get refused yet. Get married right now and add spouse to your case if she can give you more points, do it now.

Hi Andrew,
I applied in 2002. I had interview last year june. They asked me to submit additional documents(Like IELTS,FBI report...etc). I submitted in january. According CAIPS file I have 63 points. SELDEC say 0. BF date is next month.
Becasue of these reasons I came to conclusion.

Thanks
vemulas
Old May 11th 2005, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It doesn't look good as selection decision wasn't made after interview in anticipation that requested additional evidence may boost your score. But if your score is still 63 points after taking into account all additional evidence then the only good news is that there may still be a fraction of hope as long as you didn't get refused yet. Get married right now and add spouse to your case if she can give you more points, do it now.
Thanks Andrew