Employment Status

Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

kamshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment Status

Hi,

I'm applying for PR to canada as a skilled worker and am currently filling out the forms.

I will be applying as an industrial electrician-Noc 7242 with 3 yrs experiance, i started working as an electrician in 2006 and was made redundant in november 2009, and currently i am unemployed which i have stated on the Schedule 1 form, question 11-personal history. will me currently being unemployed have an effect on my application?

hope the above make sense!
thanks
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Employment Status

anyone?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kamshaft
anyone?
Please take the time to read the 'Newcomers to the Forum' link, which amongst other things, has a 'netiquette' guide to the forum which will explain that bumping threads is not the done thing - particularly after such a short amount of time!

Remember that most people in Canada are still asleep now, so the forum won't normally get busy until afternoon UK time.

Anyway, no you being unemployed won't have an effect on it. As long as you have one years experience as an electrician in the past 10 years, it makes no difference what you are currently doing. Assuming you meet the other criteria (points score, pass the medical, proof of funds, no criminal record etc) then you should be fine.

Good luck.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:23 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Please take the time to read the 'Newcomers to the Forum' link, which amongst other things, has a 'netiquette' guide to the forum which will explain that bumping threads is not the done thing - particularly after such a short amount of time!

Remember that most people in Canada are still asleep now, so the forum won't normally get busy until afternoon UK time.

Anyway, no you being unemployed won't have an effect on it. As long as you have one years experience as an electrician in the past 10 years, it makes no difference what you are currently doing. Assuming you meet the other criteria (points score, pass the medical, proof of funds, no criminal record etc) then you should be fine.

Good luck.
May not make a difference for PR, but for his licence here in canada he will need to have 9000hrs to be able to sit the test...........
OP where abouts in canada are you looking at going too ??
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

bikeguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
May not make a difference for PR, but for his licence here in canada he will need to have 9000hrs to be able to sit the test...........
9000hours or you can do the third and fourth year of your apprenticeship in canada, you can challenge the first two years if you have less that 9000hours experience, which im going to have to do, as soon as i can get arranged empoyment so if you get there and find a job and im still looking for a job you can set me up arranged employment as a third year apprentice
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

most likely around ontario, brampton area.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:15 am

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bikeguy
9000hours or you can do the third and fourth year of your apprenticeship in canada, you can challenge the first two years if you have less that 9000hours experience, which im going to have to do, as soon as i can get arranged empoyment so if you get there and find a job and im still looking for a job you can set me up arranged employment as a third year apprentice
already here hun, have been for the last 16mths or so
hope you are ready for the apprentice wages

Most of the guys that own there own companys here in town are not interested in apprentaships as they have the qualified guys, they had a massive intake when the oil sands layed alot off, also i hear that they have finished aload more
Old Jan 13th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

bikeguy is an unknown quantity at this point

already here hun, have been for the last 16mths or so
hope you are ready for the apprentice wages

Most of the guys that own there own companys here in town are not interested in apprentaships as they have the qualified guys, they had a massive intake when the oil sands layed alot off, also i hear that they have finished aload more
apprentice wages do suck i have noticed, but they suck no matter which country your in. looks like if stuck in the uk for another few years to get them 9000 hours, if its possible for me to ever get a job over here again. but i would rather be in vancouver tbh.