Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Employment Letter/ Help Mr. Miller

Wikiposts

Employment Letter/ Help Mr. Miller

Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:31 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Employment Letter/ Help Mr. Miller

I completely agree with Pizzaboy! This is exactly what irritates the heck out of me.

I happen to be a genuine potential immigrant thank you very much and I take exception to all these people who apply when they don't really want to be in Canada, or the ones who are given PR and make any excuse to get out of actually going!

If you aren't genuine, I wish you would try to clamber into some other country....I hear the UK loves immigrants, and stop taking up valuable processing time which could be better spent on more worthy people!

There, rant over!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:14 am
mickj

Jeez......who's rattled your cage? You heard the UK loves immigrants? I heard the daily mail and the guardian, are the ones' responsible for these rumours and xenophobic stories, oh and the sun

Originally posted by Tiaribbon
I completely agree with Pizzaboy! This is exactly what irritates the heck out of me.

I happen to be a genuine potential immigrant thank you very much and I take exception to all these people who apply when they don't really want to be in Canada, or the ones who are given PR and make any excuse to get out of actually going!

If you aren't genuine, I wish you would try to clamber into some other country....I hear the UK loves immigrants, and stop taking up valuable processing time which could be better spent on more worthy people!

There, rant over!

Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:39 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of ranting........bad days at the office ?

My two'pennorth.... Everyone who applies for PR should have a back up plan (yes, I just lit that touch paper, watch it burn baby!!!).

Why ?

Because if you fail (yes it may be news to you, but for some bizarre, nit picky reason, Canada may reject you, even though your app is top notch, you meet all the criteria, but something goes wrong, immigration interviewer takes a dislike to you because maybe you remind them of their ex, or that neighbour they hate with a passion) then what ?

We have a plan, it's called coping with rejection and staying in the UK til we decide what to do next. Like maybe consider NZ......yeah I also hear they like immigrants, wnat a whole shed load of them they do. Nurses as well, by the bag full, and it's easier to go get permanent status, and finding work via agencies is just soooooooooo easy dude.

But we chose Canada as #1 by far above any other country, and til someone says no siree you ain't landing here, then we'll just stick with the one and only #1 choice.

As far as anyone else is concerned we'll do what is right for us, thank you. And I don't think the OP Andy G said anything which was out of order in any way.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:42 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mickj
Jeez......who's rattled your cage? You heard the UK loves immigrants? I heard the daily mail and the guardian, are the ones' responsible for these rumours and xenophobic stories, oh and the sun
Mickj:
Wouldn't know if these tabloids spread these things around as I have never read any of these papers and I guess you would know more about the huge immigration problem in the UK better than any of us who are living here.

Rich:
Don't do bad days at the office I'm afraid. But I do wonder about people who move from country to country to country and never seem happy with their lot, wasting their own and everybody else's time. As for back-up plans, yes we too have one, the Cayman Islands where there is no immigration for UK citizens and where we won't be using up valuable time on some whim of an idea and therefore won't be delaying the process of other genuine Cayman wannabes.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 5:36 am
asmr

For all these "angry" people, I propose to open a new thread named "Anger Management" where experts may post their tips about managing rage/anger and teach how to stay focus to a thread-topic.

Originally posted by pizzaboy
I am quite upset when I read post like this. Thousands of people are trying to get to Canada because that's where they wish to settle and raise their kids. It's their dream. In your case, you are just using Canada as a "backup". Shame on you. I hope CIC will refuse your application. You are likely taking the spot of someone who really wants to come to Canada.

No one in this forum should help you.

Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

pizzaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea asmr . We should also create a forum for genuine immigrants (people really wanting to live in Canada) so they can share their experience in a positive way, and another forum for the rest, the one who wish to take advantage of the system, so they can share their tips and hints...! This way, genuine immigrants would no longer because "angry" like you said...)

Using Canada as a backup while genuine immigrants are waiting is problematic in my view. If the target for Canadian immigration is between 220,000 and 245,000 newcomers as permanent residents for 2004, for each Visa issued to someone who do not intend to really live in Canada, there is a genuine immigrant who is waiting.

So, sorry dude, nothing to do with "Anger". I just disapprove this conduct and feel Visa Officer should be careful to ensure applicant has the intention of establishing in Canada instead of issuying a Visa to someone who does not really wish to.

Originally posted by asmr
For all these "angry" people, I propose to open a new thread named "Anger Management" where experts may post their tips about managing rage/anger and teach how to stay focus to a thread-topic.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

samochod50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pizzaboy
I am quite upset when I read post like this. Thousands of people are trying to get to Canada because that's where they wish to settle and raise their kids. It's their dream. In your case, you are just using Canada as a "backup". Shame on you. I hope CIC will refuse your application. You are likely taking the spot of someone who really wants to come to Canada.

No one in this forum should help you.

I COUDN'T AGREE MORE WITH YOU. I HAVE PITY ON ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO TAKE UP THE ROOM (TIME) FOR THEIR @#$% "BACK-UP" PLANS RATHER THAN ALLOWING PEOPLE IN HARD SITUATIONS TO RECEIVE THEIR VISAS SOONER. THERE ARE SOME OF US HERE WISHING AND DREAMING TO MOVE TO CANADA IMMEDIATELY, AND THEN YOU HAVE THOSE $%^& WHO OPENLY ADMIT MESSING WITH CANADIAN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM. I WISH CIC COULD TELL WHO HAS WHAT TRUE INTENTIONS... MR. MILLER, PLEASE WORK ON THIS ISSUE IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL CAREER IF YOUR JURISDICTION ALLOWS YOU TO - THERE MUST BE A WAY CIC COULD FILTER IN ONLY THOSE WHO REALLY WANT TO BE IN CANADA!

NOTHING MAKES ME THROW UP MORE THAN READING ALL THOSE POSTS HOW PEOPLE "LAND" IN CANADA FOR A DAY AND GO BACK TO THE STATES NEVER EVER LOOKING AT THEIR PR CARD AGAIN. IT'S LIKE HAVING A HUNGRY MAN ON ONE SIDE AND THEN A MAN CONTEMPLATING "CHICKEN OR BEEF" ON THE OTHER ONE...

Last edited by samochod50; Jun 16th 2004 at 4:20 pm.