Wikiposts

Employment History

Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Utah to New York and New York to Quebec or Elsewhere, confused!
Utah2Quebec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment History

9. Employment during the past ten years, including military service

My question is: do I need to mention the employment that I am not claiming points for? For example, I worked as custodian and cafeteria helper (washing dishes and cleaning floors) about six years ago until I got my computer related job. Do I need to include those employments?

What about my internships? They are not related to the profession I am claming points for and these internships are not listed in one of those "jobs in demand" lists in Quebec.

Thanks much.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Canredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to all
Default Re: Employment History

Originally Posted by Utah2Quebec
9. Employment during the past ten years, including military service

My question is: do I need to mention the employment that I am not claiming points for? For example, I worked as custodian and cafeteria helper (washing dishes and cleaning floors) about six years ago until I got my computer related job. Do I need to include those employments?

What about my internships? They are not related to the profession I am claming points for and these internships are not listed in one of those "jobs in demand" lists in Quebec.

Thanks much.
Yes, list even unrelated employment or internships so that you document in full the 10 year history.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:41 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Canredy
Yes, list even unrelated employment or internships so that you document in full the 10 year history.
My understanding of it is that you need to detail every job (and other activity) you have had since you turned 18 in the personal history section. However, if those jobs are not ones that you will be using to get points for (under work experience) then you do not need to list them in the work experience section. I think if you read the instructions very carefully you will be able to confirm this.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canredy
Canredy,

Thanks for your answer. Now I have one more question. Does that mean I need to get letters of reference from all of them (even for the custodian job)?

I am looking at this instruction page where it lists the forms and documents to be appended to my application and in page 2, it says work references: letters of reference from all your employers providing job description and more...

I hope I do not have to go through all these employment I had and get the reference letters. That would be almost impossible for me.

Please advice me.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:52 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Here is a quote from the skilled worker application guide that can be found here:

Factor 3: Work Experience (maximum 21 points)
Calculate your points by adding all of the years of full-time, paid work experience you have that:
• occurred within the past 10 years
• is not listed as a restricted occupation (follow the link to “Will You Qualify?” on our Web
site at www.cic.gc.ca/skilled to check)
• occurred in occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the NOC (see the
Will You Qualify? section)

If any of your jobs do not fall into occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the NOC then no need to supply evidence for them.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzRob
Here is a quote from the skilled worker application guide that can be found here:

Factor 3: Work Experience (maximum 21 points)
Calculate your points by adding all of the years of full-time, paid work experience you have that:
• occurred within the past 10 years
• is not listed as a restricted occupation (follow the link to “Will You Qualify?” on our Web
site at www.cic.gc.ca/skilled to check)
• occurred in occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the NOC (see the
Will You Qualify? section)

If any of your jobs do not fall into occupations listed in Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the NOC then no need to supply evidence for them.
Thanks OzRob for your message and time. I am applying for Quebec PR, not the federal one. I cannot find the form you were talking earlier where you list the professions you want points for and also the NOC code. I cannot find that form for Quebec process and I am thinking that they do not need that.

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 1:51 pm
Can I go now!?

Originally Posted by Utah2Quebec
Thanks OzRob for your message and time. I am applying for Quebec PR, not the federal one. I cannot find the form you were talking earlier where you list the professions you want points for and also the NOC code. I cannot find that form for Quebec process and I am thinking that they do not need that.

Thanks
Oh, sorry just assumed you were Federal skilled worker applicant. Can't say that I know anything about the Quebec procedure. Can I suggest that you state clearly that you are a Quebec applicant when you ask questions, just for us thickos... If you ask this type of question most, I think, will assume that you are a federal applicant. Good luck with your application.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OzRob
Oh, sorry just assumed you were Federal skilled worker applicant. Can't say that I know anything about the Quebec procedure. Can I suggest that you state clearly that you are a Quebec applicant when you ask questions, just for us thickos... If you ask this type of question most, I think, will assume that you are a federal applicant. Good luck with your application.
OzRob, I mentioned that in my question. Well, I did not mention it directly, but If you look at the last sentence of my first post, you will see Quebec and you can see in my username as well.

Anyway, I will try to do my best to clearify that I am applying to Quebec next time I post my message here. Thanks for wishing me good luck. Good luck to you as well.