Employment based immigration

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:20 am
BLZ
Just Joined

BLZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment based immigration

Hello

Like I said on a previous related topic on USA section, I'm a Portuguese citizen, I have High School diploma, EU driver's license class B,C and D with air brake, 6+ years experience on transportation area as air force corporal and I also have NATO references. I would like to know what are my chances to emigrate to Canada through temporary or permanent work VISA. I have searched for some jobs and the most similar to my experience are NOC 7222 and NOC 1475. I should say that I had 6 years of French lessons, however, I practice english language a lot more.

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment based immigration

Originally Posted by BLZ
Hello

Like I said on a previous related topic on USA section, I'm a Portuguese citizen, I have High School diploma, EU driver's license class B,C and D with air brake, 6+ years experience on transportation area as air force corporal and I also have NATO references. I would like to know what are my chances to emigrate to Canada through temporary or permanent work VISA. I have searched for some jobs and the most similar to my experience are NOC 7222 and NOC 1475. I should say that I had 6 years of French lessons, however, I practice english language a lot more.

Thanks
Your chances are as good as anybody else, but you'll need to find a job offer and LMO first. Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to understand how to go about finding a job in Canada, and what you/your potential employer would need to do to get you a visa.

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:26 am
BLZ
Just Joined

BLZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment based immigration

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your chances are as good as anybody else, but you'll need to find a job offer and LMO first. Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to understand how to go about finding a job in Canada, and what you/your potential employer would need to do to get you a visa.

Thanks for your tip, very good advice on wiki, however I will have some difficulties as my english is not fluent, and that is one of the points I would like to know about. When I was talking about chances I was referring to obstacles I may find, first of all because it's easier for me to apply by email and not phone as I'm not used to speak english by phone, that means, if the employer speaks fast I may not understand all the things he's saying, and It can become boring for him if I always request him to repeat,etc however, I was on USA last summer and after 2 days I got used to speak english fast, I had a mechanical problem on the rented car, I called Hertz and I perfectly understood all the procedures.
That means if I find a job offer on monster.com(or any other else) I will always have to do a phonecall to them even if the job offer has the option to apply by email??
The other aspect I was referring is about VISA processing waiting times, I asked about USA EB3 VISA and they said that it will be a long time wait, probably +8 years, I just would like to know if Canada follows the same policy.

Last edited by BLZ; Feb 2nd 2010 at 11:32 am.