Employer references.

Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

lydiaparr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer references.

Ok, now freaking out, checking and double checking everything for our application for Federal skilled worker for when the cap reopens.
Fingers crossed we are on the list.!!
For the period I am proving my 1 yr full time, is 1 reference ok or am I better getting more.? Have asked someone else to do me one but dispute my nagging they are proving to be elusive.
The duties on the list are covered on the 1st reference but worried they might want more proof.
How many references did you all supply for the 1yr ft period.?

Have heared so many people on here saying they got rejected for tiny things, I don't want to get it wrong.
Thanks.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Re: Employer references.

Hi,

I only had one reference from my (then) current employer and one from the previous. I had ten years covered and then no others as the records had expired.
My manager made sure that all the NOC duties were covered in the reference by attaching a copy of my job description.
We were granted PR in Dec last year (FSW 1).

Good luck.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

One per employer. Ours were accepted too.

We also put in job descriptions, which were sometimes incorporated into the copy contract.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

lydiaparr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks v much for the info. One less thing to stress about.:S
Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

I'm unable to obtain references for the past 10 years as I worked for a handful of tempting agencies during that time and having contacted them they have informed me that they do not keep info on past employees from say 6 years or more ago. In which case I am including time sheets and an additional sheet of paper explaining this which I believe is acceptable where references are unavailable.