Employer References

Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:30 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer References

Well the situation is that both my husband and I worked for global companies, and this accounts for a lot of the experience accrued for the points to immigrate. Problem is, in both cases that particular branch closed down, and now nobody in either company seems to be able to locate employee records.

How worried should I be ?

We both have performance references from the first company, although they are not recent and do not list duties or salaries. As for the second company I have a copy of a performance reference, but my husband doesn't....and he's the primary applicant.

On the plus side he does have paperwork showing the dates he worked for them, and a copy of a "Washington Evaluation Service" report regarding his experience in his career field.

I am keeping records of the emails and faxes in trying to locate our employee records, and we can both get something in writing from other ex-employees....will this help ?

Sorry....I am in a tizz now....
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:38 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer References

Has anyone else had problems tracking down employer references ?

Did it affect your application ?
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:23 pm
Banned

Gideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to all
Default Re: Employer References

Originally Posted by Bendex
Well the situation is that both my husband and I worked for global companies, and this accounts for a lot of the experience accrued for the points to immigrate. Problem is, in both cases that particular branch closed down, and now nobody in either company seems to be able to locate employee records.

How worried should I be ?

We both have performance references from the first company, although they are not recent and do not list duties or salaries. As for the second company I have a copy of a performance reference, but my husband doesn't....and he's the primary applicant.

On the plus side he does have paperwork showing the dates he worked for them, and a copy of a "Washington Evaluation Service" report regarding his experience in his career field.

I am keeping records of the emails and faxes in trying to locate our employee records, and we can both get something in writing from other ex-employees....will this help ?

Sorry....I am in a tizz now....

I don't know whether it would help, but a possible option would be if you can contact previous managers wherever they are working, who can provide some kind of documentary proof that they were employed by the same company as you and were your managers.

Good luck, as it seems to be a common problem, as many companies shut down or change owners.