Employer Reference letter problem

Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

dream208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer Reference letter problem

Hi all,

I want to apply for the Express Entry but i have a problem concerning the reference letters.

The problem is that it won't contain the job duties, only the title and after discussing with the HR they said they don't issue letters with job duties.

Also some of the letters are from former employers so they won't issue a letter with the duties, all they can do are standard experience letters with my title.

What should I do in this case?

I hear i can write a cover letter for the CIC explaining my job duties for every job i have, will that be enough?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Reference letter problem

You do need to prove the duties, otherwise the work experience won't be counted, although you don't need it for every job (just those you're claiming points for experience for etc). If you can't get a reference letter, then there are other ways to do that though - presumably your employment contract outlined your role? So you can include a copy of that.

It might also be worth offering to give the HR department a letter that you've drafted and they can just sign with the duties on it, a lot of them are happier to do that as it's just that they can't be bothered with the hassle, so if you make it easy for them they'll sign it!

What is your current score on the CRS and do you need these points for a FSW score too?

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You do need to prove the duties, otherwise the work experience won't be counted, although you don't need it for every job (just those you're claiming points for experience for etc). If you can't get a reference letter, then there are other ways to do that though - presumably your employment contract outlined your role? So you can include a copy of that.

It might also be worth offering to give the HR department a letter that you've drafted and they can just sign with the duties on it, a lot of them are happier to do that as it's just that they can't be bothered with the hassle, so if you make it easy for them they'll sign it!

What is your current score on the CRS and do you need these points for a FSW score too?

HTH, good luck.
Exactly what I have done in the past when I wanted a reference out of the normal for various things. You write it and ask them to review and sign. if you cant get HD department to do it you may be able to get the same signed from your previous line manager.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

dream208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.

But my contract doesn't state my duties nor does the HR letter.

Also my HR department said tat they only issue experience letters with the title and no duties.

Can I write a letter for the CIC explaining my duties (something like a declaration).

Also some of my former employers are not existing at the moment as the company was acquired by another company and they changed the old name and staff.