Employer letter of reference

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:58 pm
xng
Forum Regular

xng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer letter of reference

The letter asked for detailed letter of reference from current employer.

As we all know, most people would not want the current employer to know we are migrating, does the canadian embassy accept just the employment/confirmation letter instead ?

What do most guys here do that is accepted by the immigration officers ?
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:16 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer letter of reference

You are at the last stage of the process, you want to move to Canada.. or you want to stay where you are?

Anyway - you don't need to tell employer that it is letter for immigration. Be creative - you may say that you need it for continuous education or some certification and that proper employment letter describing your duties, position and period of employment will help you get credits for it.

Originally Posted by xng

As we all know, most people would not want the current employer to know we are migrating, does the canadian embassy accept just the employment/confirmation letter instead ?

Old May 23rd 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

My partner told the personnel administrator that it was for getting social security. Don't offer them a reason, just ask for it and if they want to know why, just make something up. Say it's for the inland revenue, a bank loan or whatever you fancy.
Old May 24th 2005, 2:10 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Employer letter of reference

Be creative:
You need a detailed letter of reference to refinance your house, to buy/finance a new condo [by the beach], to consolidate your student loan payment, to cosign your relative car payment, to resolve your custody battle/child support/alimony.

Relax, yours is the easy one.
Obtaining a detailed reference letter from a security clearance job or a bankrupt past employer are something else.
Old May 24th 2005, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by xng

I had posted this before. Prior to applying to CIC S'pore, I explained via fax to them that I did not want my present employer to know that I was applying, as the application process may take 2 to 3 years, and I did not want to jeopardise my chances of promotion etc.

CIC wrote back advising to supply as much info available on my current job. I submitted my employment letter, latest income tax documentation, latest pay slip and the latest letter from the employer indicating the increment and bonus I received. CIC S'pore accepted this.
Old May 24th 2005, 5:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It was before you applied. Close to the end of process some processing officers want also to know your intentions. If you don't want to "risk" losing current job then your intentions to move to Canada after receipt of visa may be doubted. Do all you can to provide what you are asked for.

Originally Posted by shriver9
I had posted this before. Prior to applying to CIC S'pore, I explained via fax to them that I did not want my present employer to know that I was applying, as the application process may take 2 to 3 years, and I did not want to jeopardise my chances of promotion etc.

CIC wrote back advising to supply as much info available on my current job. I submitted my employment letter, latest income tax documentation, latest pay slip and the latest letter from the employer indicating the increment and bonus I received. CIC S'pore accepted this.