Employer Contracts and References

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

anthonyfear is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Employer Contracts and References

Hi All

Well we've finally decided to take the plunge and apply for immigration via the skilled worker route. It's going to be a long haul I know but hey the sooner we start the better huh?

Anyway just wondered if anyone has any exmaples of employer references and what does a notarized contract mean? Is a simply my employment contract signed by my employer or is there more to it? Also do the references really need to be stamped with the company seal? Is their letterhead sufficient?

Thanks In Advance

The Fear Family
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

rynhelcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer Contracts and References

Hi

We submitted very detailed letters stating when you worked for them, salary and detailed descriptions of your job - if you look on the NOC list it will state whar you have to do to count for a job - well make sure your reference reflects some of the things on there.

Wee found some companies would only confirm dates worked so we did a supporting letter outlining what we did in more detail. We then went to a solicitor and got them to stamp that we had sworn that this was true.

I don't know about company seal - letterhead should be ok as long as there are contact details.

A notarised one is where a notary of the public confirms a copy of an original.

Hope this helps!