Employement History related query

Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:13 am
VK

vivek singla is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Employement History related query

Hello everybody there. Kindly help me with my following two queries:

1. Should visa officer be checking for my complete employment history, if If I am able to show clear and provable employment history of last 4 years of my total work experience of 10 years?

(One of my employers with whom I had 4 years of experience closed his business, one employer with whom I had 6 months experience never issued my any kind of employment record, for 3 years I worked as life insurance agent)

2. I claimed 71 points and assuming I claimed all correctly, my two years of work experience also enable me reach 67. Should visa officer be going prior to 2 years of my employment history for verifications?

Many thanks to all who reply!!

Wish you all get your PPR this year.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:12 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employement History related query

Originally Posted by vivek singla
Hello everybody there. Kindly help me with my following two queries:

1. Should visa officer be checking for my complete employment history, if If I am able to show clear and provable employment history of last 4 years of my total work experience of 10 years?

(One of my employers with whom I had 4 years of experience closed his business, one employer with whom I had 6 months experience never issued my any kind of employment record, for 3 years I worked as life insurance agent)

2. I claimed 71 points and assuming I claimed all correctly, my two years of work experience also enable me reach 67. Should visa officer be going prior to 2 years of my employment history for verifications?

Many thanks to all who reply!!

Wish you all get your PPR this year.

What I keep hearing is that CIC will try to assess you on points. For maximum work experience points you need >= 4 years. So in theory you only need to show 4 years.
However, I consistently hear of folks who send in much more for reasons such as yours. In my case I too have lots of former employers who for one reason or another are unable to give me a piece of headed notepaper saying what it was I did for them. In those cases I did this:

(a) Company does not keep records that old
- Sent email trail where they spell this out.
- Sent P45 P11 or P60 (UK employment/tax type statements) which all show the employer name.

(b) Self-employed
- Sent communications from accountant with my name and company name as addresses, payslips, P60, P45.

(c) Company is gone or has been renamed
- Sent P45, P60, P11

In my 19 years of work I have "references" for maybe 4 at best. The rest is P11, P45, P60s. I have one of those for every year I have worked and every employer. Don't know if it will work yet as the application is still in.

Pending some more solid advice I would recommend you hunting around for old payslips and some of those government sanctioned forms and yearly tax statements.