Emigration Problems

Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

dogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to all
Angry Emigration Problems

Hi folks, I posted the questions below on another subject thread of mine, I'm sorry to keep rattling on but I've searched the rest of the forum to no avail. I am aware we have to land within a year after getting meds.

Due to a recent family bereavement we may have to postpone our plans to land as soon as we hoped, originally Sept/October, it could even be into next year now If this is the case I have a few things I am unsure about -

My 10yr old son's passport which has his PR Visa in expires July next year, if we were to leave landing till the beginning of next year we won't have much time to play with on his passport, how would I go about renewing his passport and getting his PR visa reinstated in a new passport ? I know I should have thought of this before and renewed before PPR's were received

Our PR was gained through a job offer and AEO, my employer has been excellent with me and very patient during the long wait for PR, I will be eternally grateful to them for this, however there is only so long they will wait and I now feel if I have to put things off for much longer I may be in danger of losing the job, if this occurs what will happen to our PR Visas, will they be revoked or will we still be able to land and find another job ?

TIA
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice
Default Re: Emigration Problems

The visa is only valid for one year from the medical or until any of the passports expire, whichever is sooner. They aren't going to give you an extension or transfer it to another passport, you need to land before that date. Can't you just fly over, land, and then get the next flight back? As long as it is before June there will be no problem. The expiry date of your son's passport shouldn't enter into it. You can then renew his passport when you return.

Don't forget, once you've used the visa to land then that's it finished with. They draw a big line through it. Just remember to keep the old passport with the COPR in it and apply for a Travel Document to return to Canada if you don't stay long enough to get your PR Cards.

As regards the job, you've got the visa. It's been issued. As long as it wasn't obtained fauduently i.e. the job really existed, then don't worry about it. If the worst does happen with your new job then as a PR you can just look for a new one.

Last edited by KS2008; Aug 17th 2009 at 2:19 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

dogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to alldogman scotland is a name known to all
Default Re: Emigration Problems

Thanks for that, very informative we do plan to land soon if we have to leave things till next year.