Emigrating Prison Officer

Old Aug 23rd 2022, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Chris_98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating Prison Officer

Hi all,

im currently a prison officer based in the UK. However, I feel like I’ve got itchy feet at the moment and wanted to see what opportunities I had becoming a prison officer in other parts of the world. I’m interested in Canada, I have seen a few posts on here. However, they all seem to be a few years old. Has anyone recently looked into the move as a prison officer?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Aug 24th 2022, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating Prison Officer

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Your job may not be relevant, as emigration to Canada is usually points based (unless you don't qualify, and then may need a job offer to get a visa - but one step at a time!). Start with the official eligibility tool and then you can let us know what it says and we'll try and help with the next step - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

I'd also check to see if you can work as a prison officer without citizenship? Unless you want a career change of course!

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 24th 2022, 3:19 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating Prison Officer

further info

https://www.ontario.ca/page/become-correctional-officer

Canadian Prison Officers