Emergency PR

Old Jan 8th 2020, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default Emergency PR

My PR card is expired and I need to travel back to the UK as my grandmother is going to pass away
how do I renew urgently
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 8th 2020, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emergency PR

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ce/urgent.html

Applying for a travel document once outside of Canada might be an option as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nt.html#5529E6
Old Jan 8th 2020, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
My PR card is expired and I need to travel back to the UK as my grandmother is going to pass away
how do I renew urgently
Thanks in advance
the other issue is my UK passport is expired ..and I believe I need that to be valid to renew my PR
Old Jan 8th 2020, 10:20 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

the other issue is my UK passport is expired ..and I believe I need that to be valid to renew my PR
Sorry to hear about your grandmother
You can usually only qualify for urgent processing of PR card renewal if you can show proof that you have a flight booked and that you meet specific circumstances (such as a letter from your grandmothers doctor) but it has to be longer than 3 weeks before you are leaving Canada, even urgently - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ce/urgent.html

As JSmith mentioned, if you won't have a valid PR card you can apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (once you are back in the UK) in order to fly BACK to Canada... or else travel to the US and cross the border by private vehicle.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...r.asp?qnum=064
I would strongly suggest printing out the form and gathering all the documentary evidence you will require, taking photocopies where possible - and submitting the application as soon as you get back to the UK.

With regards to the passport - the official website states:
a clear copy of:
  • your valid passport or travel document, or
  • the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident

Old Jan 8th 2020, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have another citizenship/passport to travel on? If not, you'll need to renew your UK passport asap anyway, just to travel.

My condolences, I hope you can get it all sorted very quickly and get home.