British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Email updates from CIC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/email-updates-cic-906291/)

Farmboy1892 Nov 27th 2017 1:36 am

Email updates from CIC

Good Evening Folks,

I received an email this evening from CIC telling me that I had an update on an application in my account. I have checked multiple times but can not see any message or update.
Has anyone else had this experience :confused:

Thanks

Farmboy

Vulcanoid Nov 27th 2017 2:34 am

Re: Email updates from CIC

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892 (Post 12389514)
Good Evening Folks,

I received an email this evening from CIC telling me that I had an update on an application in my account. I have checked multiple times but can not see any message or update.
Has anyone else had this experience :confused:

Thanks

Farmboy

Pretty normal to get ghost emails. Someone did something with your app or account. You'll be told if you need to.

Farmboy1892 Nov 27th 2017 2:46 am

Thanks Vulcanoid,

You mean someone internally from CIC?

Regards

Farmboy

PaulH85 Nov 30th 2017 4:33 pm

The ghost E-mails tend to go out whenever someone at CIC does something with an application. So in that respect it’s a good sign, means something’s happening. When I went through my two IEC applications, I was always encouraged by those blank E-mails. I’d give anything for a ghost E-mail right now in relation to my work permit and PR applications, they’ve been terribly quiet for a lot longer than I’d like! :huh:

Farmboy1892 Dec 2nd 2017 2:41 am

Hi Paul,

I got my work permit through in the mail and next day I got an email telling me to send of my photos etc as our P.R had been approved!!!
Nipping myself here. Finally things are starting to work out.

Regards

Farmboy

PaulH85 Dec 4th 2017 5:42 pm

That's cool. Congratulations. It's nice to hear positive stories. Mines heading the other way at the moment. If I don't get my work permit by December 22nd, I won't have a job to come back to in January as my IEC ends on the 1st and my employer won't keep my job open unless I can tell them in advance when I'll have a permit. Applied for a visitor permit now so hopefully can at least stay here with my wife. If that doesn't come in time, we'll likely have to drive to a border to flagpole. At the very least I hope they let me stay as a visitor, be absolutely devastating if I have to leave.

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892 (Post 12392778)
I got my work permit through in the mail and next day I got an email telling me to send of my photos etc as our P.R had been approved!!!
Nipping myself here. Finally things are starting to work out.

Farmboy1892 Dec 5th 2017 3:40 pm

I do hope you get things sorted out Paul. Hang in there.
It is for sure stressful and I can relate but as many of the other have said on here if you follow the protocol and complete paperwork online etc on time things should go through fine.
All the best with it.

Regards

Farmboy

Vulcanoid Dec 6th 2017 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by PaulH85 (Post 12393911)
Applied for a visitor permit now so hopefully can at least stay here with my wife. If that doesn't come in time, we'll likely have to drive to a border to flagpole. At the very least I hope they let me stay as a visitor, be absolutely devastating if I have to leave.

If you've already applied for visitor status online then you don't need to flagpole, you have implied visitor status until they decide yes/no.