Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

to email or not to email once processing time is up?

to email or not to email once processing time is up?

Old Mar 27th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default to email or not to email once processing time is up?

Morning everyone,

Just a quick question about contacting the embassy. When we got our original PR AOR is had a predicted processing of 12-18 months, which is now definitely up! On the AOR it says that if we have not heard from them in that time to contact them. We had our 90day later waaaaay back this time last year and thats the only time we heard from them.

Naturally these processing times are estimates and we expected to take a bit longer but is it worth sending them a little email as our processing time is now up or just hang on in there?

We have also been waiting 10 weeks for our IEC permits- luck and time are clearly not on our side!

Many thanks x
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road
Default Re: to email or not to email once processing time is up?

If your outside the estimated time line i think it would be fine to drop them an email.
Hope you hear soon
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:26 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely. It might do some good and wouldn't do any harm, but not contacting them will surely make no difference.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Thanks guys- its nice to have some reassurance. I was going to wait until all this IEC nonsense is over. They seem to have really ballsed it up as people like us have been waiting weeks and weeks whilst other seem to be being granted them in no time at all. The plan was to go out on the IEC this year and wait for PR but I guess a little check up email can't hurt!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:45 am
Just Joined

carolg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Thanks guys- its nice to have some reassurance. I was going to wait until all this IEC nonsense is over. They seem to have really ballsed it up as people like us have been waiting weeks and weeks whilst other seem to be being granted them in no time at all. The plan was to go out on the IEC this year and wait for PR but I guess a little check up email can't hurt!
What is an IEC, still learning all the abbreviations, we are new to this process,

Thanks,
Old Mar 27th 2011, 11:23 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolg
What is an IEC, still learning all the abbreviations, we are new to this process,

Thanks,
International Experience Canada (IEC)
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

jakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nicejakebhatt is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Morning everyone,

Just a quick question about contacting the embassy. When we got our original PR AOR is had a predicted processing of 12-18 months, which is now definitely up! On the AOR it says that if we have not heard from them in that time to contact them. We had our 90day later waaaaay back this time last year and thats the only time we heard from them.

Naturally these processing times are estimates and we expected to take a bit longer but is it worth sending them a little email as our processing time is now up or just hang on in there?

We have also been waiting 10 weeks for our IEC permits- luck and time are clearly not on our side!

Many thanks x
yeah I was given a 6 weeks time line now soon as the 6 weeks were up on the same day I emailed them they sent one back saying it may take 8 weeks or more because of high volume of applications.. just to let you know You have just got to wait it out like us all, except for those lucky people who seem to be getting theirs in 4 weeks or more lol
Old Mar 28th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks but I mean my main PR application. Waiting 8 weeks plus feels like a walk in the park compared to the last 2 years! And some people wait even longer than that :-(