Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Old May 2nd 2010, 9:32 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
sholeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Has anyone successfully changed his email /post address by writing to your visa office?
I am saying this for the following reasons
I currently have problem assessing my initial email sent to CIC(though i received my first AOR in the email).I wrote a letter notifying them of an email change,I have not received any kind of acknowledgement whatsoever.My fear is the address still hasn't been updated in their file.My question is ,peradventure they decide to use the old inaccessible email address ,do I run a risk of losing out completely in my immigration process? I have sent my documents to my visa office and I viewed the online status(1ST AOR),and the status indicated that my document was received and is pending review.

I have heard people talk about passport request,med request ,IELTS request.Am I at a disadvantage ?cos they might have sent these various requests by email rather than post-SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT
sholeee is offline  
Old May 2nd 2010, 12:18 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
LinsyPinsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Crossing, BC
Posts: 1,045
LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Originally Posted by sholeee
Has anyone successfully changed his email /post address by writing to your visa office?
I am saying this for the following reasons
I currently have problem assessing my initial email sent to CIC(though i received my first AOR in the email).I wrote a letter notifying them of an email change,I have not received any kind of acknowledgement whatsoever.My fear is the address still hasn't been updated in their file.My question is ,peradventure they decide to use the old inaccessible email address ,do I run a risk of losing out completely in my immigration process? I have sent my documents to my visa office and I viewed the online status(1ST AOR),and the status indicated that my document was received and is pending review.

I have heard people talk about passport request,med request ,IELTS request.Am I at a disadvantage ?cos they might have sent these various requests by email rather than post-SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT
Just trying to work out where you are in the process. You have sent the initial app to Sydney and you have now sent the full application to your local visa office....is that right. When did you do that?

Have you had your AOR through the post yet?
When did you email them your email change request? They can take some time to acknowledge your email.

Perhaps there may be others in the forum who have direct experience with this....
LinsyPinsy is offline  
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:43 pm
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
khangul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Hi

After receiving my 120 days letter, I changed my email address. I notify the office but could not get any response for nearly two months. Then I fax them a page and ask for any prograss and told them about my worries due to change of email address.

However, I received an email on my new address within 48 hours that my record is updated and nothing to worry.

Better you Fax them and let them know about your worries about your old email. I worked in my case, and may it works in your case as well.

Wish you best of luck.
khangul is offline  
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:27 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
sholeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Just trying to work out where you are in the process. You have sent the initial app to Sydney and you have now sent the full application to your local visa office....is that right. When did you do that?

Have you had your AOR through the post yet?
When did you email them your email change request? They can take some time to acknowledge your email.

Perhaps there may be others in the forum who have direct experience with this....
Hi,here is my timeline
Initial application to sydney-October 2009
Ist AOR/120 days letter(email) -December 2009
Documents to visa office- April 8th 2010
Email request change April 8th 2010
Current Status using 1st AOR- Your documents have been received by visa office and is pending review

I have not received any postal mail from the visa office
sholeee is offline  
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:09 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
LinsyPinsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Crossing, BC
Posts: 1,045
LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email Address problem and 2ND AOR

Originally Posted by sholeee
Hi,here is my timeline
Initial application to sydney-October 2009
Ist AOR/120 days letter(email) -December 2009
Documents to visa office- April 8th 2010
Email request change April 8th 2010
Current Status using 1st AOR- Your documents have been received by visa office and is pending review

I have not received any postal mail from the visa office
I'm sure your postal AOR will be on its way very soon. We got ours in 10 days, but not everyone gets it so quick. 'Trumptons' sent off pack on the 1st of april and got official letter on the 28th April.
I think you will be OK. Once you get your AOR then send a case specific email to CIC and repeat request for email check just to make sure.
Others can confirm this...but is everything else not by snail mail as apposed to email from now on???
The next thing to check is for your case to move to 'in progress' and med requests will follow shortly after...so I believe.
Keep the faith
lns
LinsyPinsy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.