Eligibility

Old Sep 2nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

AJCS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eligibility

Hi

We are dual UK and Australian Citizens, and would like to move to Canada. I completed an online assessment and the agent said he thinks we would not be suitable for a visa

Partner would be main applicant
Electrician served 4 year apprenticeship and 20+ years experience
46 years

I am 52 and we have a 7 year old.
I have just finished a Diploma in Community Service

Have plenty funds to take.

I have asked the agent whether it is age, or lack of a job offer in Canada that makes him think we would not get a visa, but has not gotten back to me. Can anyone give me any suggestions>

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 7:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eligibility

Hi, welcome to BE.

Forgot an agents eligibility test, the only one that matters is the CIC one - Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

So take that, and let us know what result you get, then we can help you work out your options (if any). Age will unfortunately be a factor, as although there's no upper age limit to being able to apply, you do lose points as you get older. But perhaps you make up the points in other areas.

But take the test, and we can try and help (answer it as if you're ready to apply i.e. you've taken an IELTS test and got your ECA).

HTH.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks, with that assessment it says we are eligible for Express entry and gives a reference number to create a profile

Last edited by AJCS; Sep 2nd 2017 at 10:37 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJCS
Hi thanks, with that assessment it says we are eligible for Express entry and gives a reference number to create a profile
Great. That's the first step, you're eligible to apply.

Now you need to check your CRS score. Everybody that applies is put in to a 'pool' of applicants, and only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR. So check that score out and let us know what you get, you'll need above approx 430-450 as a rough guide. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

HTH.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

No where near, I can only get 336! Looking like we will be staying where we are! thanks for your help
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 4:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't give up yet! Have you an idea of which Province you'd be likely to want to move to? Have you checked about taking Provincial Certification for Electricians (each Province has different ones) as you wouldn't need a job offer..

They also have draws for Skilled Trades where the points requirement are lower as it's much harder for skilled trades to reach the +400 points level - the last draw (for that category) the lowest points were 199!

Express Entry results: Previous rounds of invitations *May 26th

Do look into the Skilled Trades route!

Determine your eligibility — Skilled trades
Attached Thumbnails Eligibility-skilled-trades-ee.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 3rd 2017 at 4:50 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Don't give up yet! Have you an idea of which Province you'd be likely to want to move to? Have you checked about taking Provincial Certification for Electricians (each Province has different ones) as you wouldn't need a job offer..

They also have draws for Skilled Trades where the points requirement are lower as it's much harder for skilled trades to reach the +400 points level - the last draw (for that category) the lowest points were 199!

Express Entry results: Previous rounds of invitations *May 26th

Do look into the Skilled Trades route!

Determine your eligibility — Skilled trades
Hi thanks, I will have a look at this. Jeez people complain about how hard it is to get a visa for Australia, Canada seem so much more complicated! Thanks again, off to do some more reading!
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 11:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by AJCS
Hi thanks, I will have a look at this. Jeez people complain about how hard it is to get a visa for Australia, Canada seem so much more complicated! Thanks again, off to do some more reading!
I think it's a fairly similar system to Australia from my limited knowledge of the process there, i.e.points based and aimed at attracting younger, educated, skilled people. If you are those things, it's no problem!

But as Siouxie said, don't give up. If you really want it and are prepared to go through some hassle and cost, it should be achieveable.

Good luck.