electrician trying too get lmo

Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:10 am
Just Joined

ianroberts223 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrician trying too get lmo

hey everyone , ive been working as an electrician in toronto for 9 months on the iec work permit , my boss has agreed too get me an lmo , but van someone please explain too me what the criteria is tooo get a positive one ? he doesent advertise because , well anyone working within skilled trades knows that employees especially in my trade , are employed via word of mouth . , any help would be great thanks ... ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electrician trying too get lmo

The wiki has most of the information you are looking for - he will not have any option than to advertise as it is one of the requirements.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Work_Permits

If you are considering trying to stay in Canada permanently, you may want to also look into the Skilled Trades Scheme once you have got a TWP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

reallly appreciate your reply , thanks for the info means alot .
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

No way around it I'm afraid, he'll have to advertise. Specifically, he needs to advertise for at least two weeks nationally, and then show that no suitable Canadian applied.

Have a look at the info on the HRSDC website for more info on the requirements. http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...sessment.shtml

You're cutting it fine as LMOs are currently taking around 12 to 16 weeks to be processed, have you applied for another IEC visa? If not, you might need to be prepared to stop work for a few weeks until you find out if you've got the LMO or not.

HTH, good luck.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:53 am
Just Joined

thankyou, but how many people have too apply ? , crazy qeustion probably but im reallly new too al this
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianroberts223
thankyou, but how many people have too apply ? , crazy qeustion probably but im reallly new too al this
Nobody has to apply. Ideally, you want that as then it's easier to get the LMO! If, for example, your boss receives 5 applications, then he'll need to show why each wasn't suitable and why he has to hire you over the Canadians that applied.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: electrician trying too get lmo

im an electrician coming to Canada in Oct, I have my Level 2 and 3 and my NVQ will it help me to do my 17th edition as i will if it benefits me but if its a waste of time I wont as going to cost me £550!

Also what is the process when I land regards to my electrics, test etc.

I will be starting in sask then probably moving to Alberta eventually!

Thanks in advance

Nick
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

You'll need to get your Red Seal By challenging the exam and proving you gave enough work experience (iirc it's 7000 hrs for electricians) - have a look in the Wiki or search the forums for more info.

HTH.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks anything helps at this stage
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

9000 hrs for alberta