EE work history varied hours

Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Ajg12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE work history varied hours

Hello! My EE application is almost ready to be submitted, but I have a couple of questions for work history.
  1. I worked casual hours for the job that I’m using as my primary occupation. Do I just add up the total hours and total weeks and average it for the “hours per week”?
  2. I worked a different summer job for 6 summers, but it is the same NOC. Do I have to say that i ended my main job every summer, to then restart it after my summer job finished? I was technically still employed by my primary job, I just didnt do any hours during summer. Which example do you think is best?
Example one

Job 1 worked 1/1/2013 - 1/1/2021

Job 2 worked 1/6/2013 - 1/9/2013

Job 2 worked 1/6/2014 - 1/9/2014 and so on

Example two

Job 1 worked 1/1/2013 - 30/5/2013

Job 2 worked 1/6/2013 - 1/9/2013

Job 1 worked 2/9/2013 - 30/5/2014

Job 2 worked 1/6/2014 - 1/9/2014 and so on

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 18th 2021, 4:01 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE work history varied hours

Hello and welcome to BE!

Have you got the required minimum work experience to qualify for EE?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...s.html#skilled
at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Do you have reference letters from your employers?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Old Mar 18th 2021, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Yes, I have just over 4680 hours.
No as I figured I’d find out the answers to the questions I asked first.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 9:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajg12
Yes, I have just over 4680 hours.
No as I figured I’d find out the answers to the questions I asked first.
Yes, just average it out. Very few people do the same number of hours in a job each week. Presumably your payslips will show hours worked?

And if you were still an employee of the business but just not working (zero hours contract?), then you're still employed by them during that time, so it would be your first example.

What NOC are you applying under?
Old Mar 20th 2021, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, just average it out. Very few people do the same number of hours in a job each week. Presumably your payslips will show hours worked?

And if you were still an employee of the business but just not working (zero hours contract?), then you're still employed by them during that time, so it would be your first example.

What NOC are you applying under?
Thank you so much! Primary occupation is 5254. Secondary, and current employment, is 4212.