EE Proof of Funds Letter

Old Aug 18th 2022, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Km0025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE Proof of Funds Letter

Hi all,

Searched for answers on this topic but previous threads are quite dated so wanted to hear from anyone who has recent experience with providing the proof of funds letter.

Seems Natwest does not provide a letter which complies fully with IRCC requirements but HSBC may do so (depending on the branch?).

Have banked with Natwest for over 20 years but I wondered if it would be wise to open a new account with HSBC or any bank that provides this letter and transfer the funds over? Any advice is much appreciated!
Old Aug 20th 2022, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE Proof of Funds Letter

Originally Posted by Km0025
Hi all,

Searched for answers on this topic but previous threads are quite dated so wanted to hear from anyone who has recent experience with providing the proof of funds letter.

Seems Natwest does not provide a letter which complies fully with IRCC requirements but HSBC may do so (depending on the branch?).

Have banked with Natwest for over 20 years but I wondered if it would be wise to open a new account with HSBC or any bank that provides this letter and transfer the funds over? Any advice is much appreciated!
So not recent (2019) but I had the exact same run around with Natwest, Nationwide were very helpful in comparison - but I got there in the end with Natwest, after being thrown from branch to head office, back to branch, ended up having several calls with a local branch and a heated discussion in branch they eventually agreed to give me a letter that gave me 99% of what I wanted, coupled with printing out stamped statements (Canadian authorities love a stamp!) - from memory I got them to put the info in the letters apart from the balance, but they put in the letter please see attached stamped and signed statements for the balance of each account.

I think I basically became such a nuisance they agreed to do it. but I really put the pressure on them - I had a phone call with the assistant branch manager which went along the lines of:
NW: " a letter like this isn't something we provide"
Me: "but I need one to get my visa approved"
NW: " its company policy to not provide them"
Me: " So are you saying because of your company policy, I am no longer able to emigrate"
NW: "unfortunately that may be the case"

At which point I called their bluff and threatened to go to the papers/online and state how they were basically preventing my emigration plans and how anyone else looking to emigrate to a number of countries would be in a similar boat - at which point the branch manager was magically available and willing to meet in branch.
Old Oct 2nd 2022, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
So not recent (2019) but I had the exact same run around with Natwest, Nationwide were very helpful in comparison - but I got there in the end with Natwest, after being thrown from branch to head office, back to branch, ended up having several calls with a local branch and a heated discussion in branch they eventually agreed to give me a letter that gave me 99% of what I wanted, coupled with printing out stamped statements (Canadian authorities love a stamp!) - from memory I got them to put the info in the letters apart from the balance, but they put in the letter please see attached stamped and signed statements for the balance of each account.

I think I basically became such a nuisance they agreed to do it. but I really put the pressure on them - I had a phone call with the assistant branch manager which went along the lines of:
NW: " a letter like this isn't something we provide"
Me: "but I need one to get my visa approved"
NW: " its company policy to not provide them"
Me: " So are you saying because of your company policy, I am no longer able to emigrate"
NW: "unfortunately that may be the case"

At which point I called their bluff and threatened to go to the papers/online and state how they were basically preventing my emigration plans and how anyone else looking to emigrate to a number of countries would be in a similar boat - at which point the branch manager was magically available and willing to meet in branch.
Thanks so much for this! I've raised a formal complaint and will keep pushing until I get the letter (just like you did). Will keep this post updated as it may help someone in the future!!
Old Oct 19th 2022, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Km0025
Thanks so much for this! I've raised a formal complaint and will keep pushing until I get the letter (just like you did). Will keep this post updated as it may help someone in the future!!
Thought I'd come back to mention that Natwest has provided the letter as per IRCC's requirements!

Definitely worth submitting a complaint as going to several branches was very frustrating. Took about three weeks from the day I sent my information but once picked up the complaints team were very understanding and had no issues putting this together. Letter was sent by post next day delivery.

Now to submit my eAPR!!
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

luketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond reputeluketarplin has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you got that sorted, we had a similar farce with Lloyds Bank - In the end, we got 99% of what was required spread across multiple documents. A general letter was typed up from our local branch with details about how long we had the account etc., signed and dated, which was very VERY hard to get. Plus a printout of our accounts for 6 months with a cashier's stamp/date and signed. Seemed to do the trick. It seems like if there is not a standard form from the bank that provides all the requested details you have to badger your local branch (if you still have one) and head office to get something acceptable.