Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

EE PR- offer of employment VS letter of employment

EE PR- offer of employment VS letter of employment

Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of
Default EE PR- offer of employment VS letter of employment

Hi there,

I'm filling in my PR application and my document checklist asks me for both an 'Offer of Employment' and a 'Letter of Employment'

I don't really get what the difference is? Can I just include my signed job contract in both of those fields?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE PR- offer of employment VS letter of employment

A letter of employment is typically requested to provide current/previous work experience entered on your PR application. If you have entered any work experience in your PR application (assuming it is the online EE application portal) the system will automatically generate an upload requirement for a letter of employment as proof.

An offer of employment is for a new job in Canada that you have entered into your application. You should upload your employment contract here.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:44 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
A letter of employment is typically requested to provide current/previous work experience entered on your PR application. If you have entered any work experience in your PR application (assuming it is the online EE application portal) the system will automatically generate an upload requirement for a letter of employment as proof.

An offer of employment is for a new job in Canada that you have entered into your application. You should upload your employment contract here.
^^^ This.

Your job description/duties in each letter based on the experience you want points for is very important. They will cross reference your job duties to the NOC code.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud ofSammilc has much to be proud of

Okay this has confused me even more hahaha!

In my EE profile it asks for the following documents, with the descriptions below:

"Offer of Employment"
You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
  • for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
  • skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)

The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address).

"Employment Records- Assistant Manager" (there are multiple spaces for this, one of each of the relevent skilled work experience positions)
You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

and finally "Letter of Employment"An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.It may also include:
  • details such as your tenure with the company
  • your title, position and duties
  • approved vacation periods (if travelling to Canada for holidays), or information about whether the company will cover all your travel expenses (if travelling on business for this company), etc

To me, that seems like both Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment are pertaining to my job in Canada and asking basically the same information, and Employment Record is asking for reference letters describing my job duties from my previous employers?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Based on that description I think you are right. In this case the only difference I see is that the offer letter has to contact the contact details for an individual they can contact regarding the offer. This wouldn't normally be on a employment contract. maybe include the letter that accompanied the contract.