EE PNP - Job Loss after AOR.

Old Jan 25th 2020, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Orca33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE PNP - Job Loss after AOR.

Hi team,

I've come so far! But, I'm potentially going to be losing my job soon now so I'm quite concerned. I've recently applied for PR and have my AOR and file number now.
My initial application was successful for Alberta PNP nomination, so I received my ITA for PR due to the 600 extra points from that. My nomination is not employer restricted, so my question is what happens if I lose my job.. Will CIC asses my application from the information submitted at the time of eAPR?
Will my nomination be revoked if I inform AINP and in turn my PR application rejected? Could I find a new job with same NOC and then inform AINP and CIC of the change? How long do I have to do this before either AINP or CIC deem me to be unforthcoming with information, that is if it takes me some time to find a new job? Would AINP give me a grace period to find new employer if I told them?

I'm applying for BOWP as my visa ends in May. So this is my one shot to get this right!

Please could someone offer any advice they might have?

Thank you!

Old Jan 26th 2020, 9:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE PNP - Job Loss after AOR.

I'm so sorry to hear of your potential job loss.

Which stream of the PNP have you applied under? And when exactly can you apply for your BOWP, when does the 4 months start?

Lastly, what's your CRS score without the provincial nomination?
Old Jan 27th 2020, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Orca33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE PNP - Job Loss after AOR.

Thanks for getting back to me christmasoompa.

I received my nomination under the FSW stream for AINP Express Entry. My current IEC expires 19th May - I submitted my BOWP application this morning after midnight, so less than four calendar months (119 days). I understand that this assessment will not begin until I've cleared the first background check of the PR process though, but thought best to get it submitted asap.
Do you think it likely that CIC will call to confirm my employment again if AINP have already done so and have since nominated me? My PR application includes paystubs up until Jan 16th, but my reference letter is dated from November.

Without my nomination I'm only on CRS 355. I won't qualify for CEC until 19th March (that's if I were working continuously from now until then).

Thanks for your help.

Thanks!