EE medical

Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:54 am
Just Joined

TartanTrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE medical

We have been lucky to get an invitation to apply and have all the documents that we need ready to upload, apart from our medicals.
We live in remote BC and the local Dr only works part time (and has been on vacation). Our 60 day cut off is on the 7th November, but the earliest I could book medicals was the 16th November.

My question is - can we upload everything else and they will wait that extra week? Or do we have to decline and start over?

Any advice gratefully received.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 3:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE medical

Quick question - you mentioned your 'local Doctor' but is he on the register of approved Panel Physicians? You can find the ones for BC here: Panel Physicians It does mention that if your nearest PP is more than 4 hours/250 miles away to contact them.

As to your question, personally, I would phone around other PP's and find one that can fit you in before the cut off!

Failing that, you could try to reply (if possible) to the email you received or else send a case specific enquiry and ask for a deferment on the medical submission stating the reason, if it's absolutely impossible for you to obtain an appointment in time anywhere within reasonable travelling distance.

I don't know if they would accept that or not, but it would probably be worth a try.. you would have nothing to lose.

Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Siouxie.

Yes the Dr here is a PP but the next nearest is 5hr drive away.

I will try the case specific enquiry - once I work out how to do that!

Cheers
Old Oct 15th 2015, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, obviously I have no idea what your location/work situation is like, but if it were me, I would make every effort to get the e-medical done and the docs uploaded on time (i.e. within the 60 days) even if it did mean a 5 hour drive. Consider whether it is sensible to at least book the medical with the doc 5 hours away so that at least you know you have the appointment in place while you think about what to do.

I have no idea what your EE situation is, but are you sure you'll get another ITA if you decline this one?

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 15th 2015 at 3:53 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 6:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Hi, obviously I have no idea what your location/work situation is like, but if it were me, I would make every effort to get the e-medical done and the docs uploaded on time (i.e. within the 60 days) even if it did mean a 5 hour drive. Consider whether it is sensible to at least book the medical with the doc 5 hours away so that at least you know you have the appointment in place while you think about what to do.

I have no idea what your EE situation is, but are you sure you'll get another ITA if you decline this one?

S

+1
Old Oct 16th 2015, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

+1 to that

And see it this way : if you postpone your application, you'll eventually put in waaaay more time then the 5-hour drive to the doctor's office... Get things done !
Old Oct 16th 2015, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

It would really not be easy for us to go that distance - we have 2 kids with special needs and both work full time. Sounds easy but isn't. I am going to call the medical centre and plead to bring it forward.....worth a try :-(
Old Oct 16th 2015, 8:08 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TartanTrace
It would really not be easy for us to go that distance - we have 2 kids with special needs and both work full time. Sounds easy but isn't. I am going to call the medical centre and plead to bring it forward.....worth a try :-(
We had to take time off- my husband doesn't get paid when he doesn't work. Crap situation yes but if you want to stay in Canada?