EE/IEC - advice much appreciated!

Old Jul 29th 2017, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EE/IEC - advice much appreciated!

Hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with a little bit of visa guidance!

I am wanting to move to Canada (ideally British Columbia) with my wife and our 10 month old son. I have used the express entry calculator and I would have a score of 454. But that includes a valid job offer, which I don’t have yet, and hoping my GNVQ level 2 counts as 1 year post secondary qualification (A levels just count as secondary school equivalent, right?). If a GNVQ level 2 doesn’t count does anybody know if a Level 3 does?

I’m thinking the IEC may be my best option to securing a job offer, I will be 31 in April next year so I’m running out of time. If I’m accepted in time, would my wife and son be able to come with me on different visa (my wife is 32 so is too old for the IEC) - I can show that I have enough funds to support us all. Or would they just have to come out on a 3 month holiday visa initially? My wife doesn’t intend to work as she will be looking after our son, so not having a working visa won't be a problem. How likely is it then to get a holiday visa extended? Or would the pair of them coming back to the UK for a month and then back on an other holiday visa be an option?

Also, if I were accepted on the IEC and secured a job would the PNP then become my easiest way of immigrating? Are there any other routes of working/immigrating to Canada I may have missed?

Sorry for so many questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated, my head is slightly frazzled from it all!

Thanks so much, Greg
Old Jul 29th 2017, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EE/IEC - advice much appreciated!

Your wife and son can accompany you and they should be given visitor records for the duration of the IEC work permit you would have provided that their passports are valid for that period of time.

After 12 months you might be eligible for EE under the Canadian Experience Class if working for the 12 months and you might be eligible for the PNP stream provided you meet the criteria for any route for PR.
Old Jul 30th 2017, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Greg87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EE/IEC - advice much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Your wife and son can accompany you and they should be given visitor records for the duration of the IEC work permit you would have provided that their passports are valid for that period of time.

After 12 months you might be eligible for EE under the Canadian Experience Class if working for the 12 months and you might be eligible for the PNP stream provided you meet the criteria for any route for PR.
Thanks for your reply.

Thats brilliant news about being able to take my wife and son for the duration of the IEC, I was under the impression that I may not be able to take dependants on that particular programme but like i said my head is a bit scrambled from trying to take in so much information!

I think Im going to get the ball rolling and apply to the current IEC pool although Ive been told its not the best time of year to apply?