Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Educational Credential Assessment.. (clarification)

Educational Credential Assessment.. (clarification)

Old Apr 25th 2014, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Educational Credential Assessment.. (clarification)

Hi all,

Could someone in the know, possibly clarify something for me.

As part of the FSW process, CIC require uk/foreign education certificates to be assessed.
ECA - Educational Credential Assessment.

I am a nurse. On CIC website it states:
If you plan to work in an occupation that is regulated in Canada, you should contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live. They can give you important information about getting your license, including any steps you can take before you leave your home country

Nursing is regulated in Canada. I have previously started the registration process with CNO (College of Nursing Ontario).
But I have not had any correspondence regarding the ECA.

Am I reading between the lines too much, does this statement above indicate that I am required to contact CNO and get the ECA through them?

Or am I to go ahead and apply to an organization designated by CIC for my ECA, and that statement is just advisory in assisting me/others in other areas?

Hope that makes sense..

Last edited by Kaylawayla; Apr 25th 2014 at 7:02 am.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:20 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Educational Credential Assessment.. (clarification)

I believe you still have to get your credentials assessed by one of the designated providers (ICAS, WES etc)

As Nursing is regulated you'd have to do whatever the CNO requires beyond that.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Educational Credential Assessment.. (clarification)

Originally Posted by orly
I believe you still have to get your credentials assessed by one of the designated providers (ICAS, WES etc)

As Nursing is regulated you'd have to do whatever the CNO requires beyond that.
That's what I thought (honest lol)

Thank you for your reply