British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Education Qualifications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/education-qualifications-795156/)

scribe123 Apr 25th 2013 3:00 pm

Education Qualifications

Hi,

Do you need to get all educational qualifications assessed, or just the highest and related to the NOC you are applying for?

Example:

I am applying for 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers.

I have a computer science degree that is relevant to that occupation, but I also have old college qualifications that are unrelated to this NOC, and (obviously) school grades etc...

Do I get them all evaluated or just the degree?

Cheers

optimadam Apr 25th 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Education Qualifications

Hi Scribe,

I have just got my BSc degree done. Dont think there is any need for the other ones you have.

scribe123 Apr 25th 2013 3:09 pm

2 hours ago I was thinking the same and I've sent off my degree for assessment, but schedule A (IMM 5669) requires all post secondary academic history, so now I'm not so confident in that.

If I list other qualifications will they expect assessments for those even if they are not relevant to the noc the application is based on?

Forms and application requirements are subject to change until the new application pack is released I know, but as usual I'm second guessing myself.

scribe123 Apr 25th 2013 3:19 pm

And as more paranoia sets in, I'm hoping it's only the principal applicant this applies to. The 'backgrounder' hints it's the principal applicant, but it could be more explicit.

Normally nothing stresses me out, but when it comes to a FSW application it's another story. It was the same last year when we were getting things ready before they shut off the application process.

lydiaparr Apr 26th 2013 2:02 pm

Can any one else confirm if you need to get all your education assessed, ie post secondary, college, etc, or just your highest qualification related to the noc you are applying for. I'm still confused on this. :confused:

firstchoice Apr 28th 2013 4:37 am

It does not make any sense to me that you would be requirted to have all non-Canadian qualifications assessed, since the regulations that have been published award points on the basis of your highest qualification. I suppose it is possible CIC could require it, but am inclined to think it is unlikely.

scribe123 Apr 28th 2013 9:35 am

As I said in my other thread. Thanks for reminding me about the new points system.

It also helps me work out which forms are going to change.

I'm just thankful that both my wife an I have IELTS certificates. I just hope they still accept certificated up to 2 years old (although I can't see why that rule would change).

Hopefully the new FSW application pack will be out on Monday, but in reality I suspect it will be Friday 3rd.