Education Level

Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bexie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education Level

Hi all,

Currently filling in all the forms and I'm stumped on the tick box for highest level of education. I hold a diploma in nursing obtained through university but there does not seem to be an option. Closest are Non-university certificate/diploma or bachelors degree. Obviously i dont have a degree but did 3 years at university so Im not the other. Which should i tick?

Thanks

Bex
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education Level

Originally Posted by Bexie7 View Post
Hi all,

Currently filling in all the forms and I'm stumped on the tick box for highest level of education. I hold a diploma in nursing obtained through university but there does not seem to be an option. Closest are Non-university certificate/diploma or bachelors degree. Obviously i dont have a degree but did 3 years at university so Im not the other. Which should i tick?

Thanks

Bex
I'd tick the non-university diploma box. I know you did it at university, but it wasn't a degree, so that's really the only one that fits.

You are aware that you cannot apply as a nurse at the moment as the quota is full?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:24 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
I'd tick the non-university diploma box. I know you did it at university, but it wasn't a degree, so that's really the only one that fits.

You are aware that you cannot apply as a nurse at the moment as the quota is full?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp
This is the address for the update for NOC categories, just to back up christmasoompah's comment.
Nursing has filled up quite quickly by comparison with the other categories as you can see.
You will need to take advice about when CIO will accept applications for Cat 1 quota for next year. This count started at the June 26th when the changes were made. It didn't start at the start of the calendar year.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12 View Post
You will need to take advice about when CIO will accept applications for Cat 1 quota for next year. This count started at the June 26th when the changes were made. It didn't start at the start of the calendar year.
The quota reopens on July 1st 2011, so the OP can apply then if nurses are still on the list.

I did give her the link in her thread a couple of months ago, so it may be that she's aware that quota is full and is just preparing stuff ready for July.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:43 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
The quota reopens on July 1st 2011, so the OP can apply then if nurses are still on the list.

I did give her the link in her thread a couple of months ago, so it may be that she's aware that quota is full and is just preparing stuff ready for July.
January seems far too soon to be filling in forms, as she says she is doing.
Given how often and how randomly they update the forms, I would wait until a lot nearer the time if it was me! Also, references and stuff need to be less than 6 months old and Police clearances need to be recent as well. Other than requesting copies of birth and marriage certificates from the Registry Office, I can't think of anything it is wise to do this far in advance.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 12:45 am
Just Joined

dewaxyyy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks

Bex
Hi Bexie7,
I was in the same situation but the work around is to apply directly to any of the Canadian Nursing Boards that accept British Nursing Diplomas(e.g British Columbia,Alberta,Manitoba...etc) and process you nursing registration first.While actually processing the registration you can start job hunting as a Nurse with "a provisional Licence". Following on if you are British you have the right to stay and can work in Canada for anything up to 6 months prior to applying for a TFW visa.However prior to that you would at least also need the Canadian work experience prior to being able to get a job. Furthermore if you are able to secure a job either as a Care aid or Health care assistant while you are waiting for you Nursing Licence that automatically gives you one of the requirements (work experience) in Canada.Once your Nursing Licensure is completed and you have secured a job the institution where you work at can apply for PNP sponsorship for permanent residency for you (after 3 Months probation).This has absolutely nothing to do with the NOC numbers. This is a better work around because once you are patient enough to start this process it is doable. I am talking from experience as i will be landing in Aug,2011......I hope this information helps...Good Luck!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds really helpful, good information
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dewaxyyy1 View Post
While actually processing the registration you can start job hunting as a Nurse with "a provisional Licence". Following on if you are British you have the right to stay and can work in Canada for anything up to 6 months prior to applying for a TFW visa.
Welcome to the forum. Can you please provide a link from an official source to back up what you have said above?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12 View Post
January seems far too soon to be filling in forms, as she says she is doing.
Given how often and how randomly they update the forms, I would wait until a lot nearer the time if it was me! Also, references and stuff need to be less than 6 months old and Police clearances need to be recent as well. Other than requesting copies of birth and marriage certificates from the Registry Office, I can't think of anything it is wise to do this far in advance.
I agree. The only thing which might be worth doing now is the IELTS test. Since it is now valid for 2 years, and it is likely to take a couple of months to get booked in, even if you book in now it will probably be mid to end of March before the results are sent.

So that's certainly something which the OP could be doing!
Wayne.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
That sounds really helpful, good information

Too bad that it isn't correct. There is no way you can work for 6 months before you get a TWP. Being "British" gives you no rights in Canada than other nationalities.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi

Too bad that it isn't correct. There is no way you can work for 6 months before you get a TWP. Being "British" gives you no rights in Canada than other nationalities.
Doh!

I once again bow to those with superior knowledge!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thanks

Bex
I have the same qualification and I ticked the diploma box not the degree box.
Could you apply for a TWP instead, and start the ball rolling for the nurse registration whilst waiting?

Melsa
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

dewaxyyy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi

Hi,
Remember that this forum is not about personal opinions but about facts and providing information. This has worked for me and i have even received an invitation from one of the local universities to complete my Nursing registration.I am going in a couple of months for this and my registration will follow and i have a job lined up in order to gain my "Canadian experience" prior to getting my License. Anyway what i am saying is that i have been on this since Feb,2010 and i visited Canada in Aug/Sept,2010 to complete my research. In Nov,2010 i got my final letter of invitation to complete the course and subsequently further information on on the process of getting a job. Hence the conditional job lined up for when i complete the process.
And also in regards, to working without a visa as a British citizen for up to 6 months is fact i have researched. Remember that we all have to do our own individual research/fact finding and this has worked for me. I guess i am lucky with the information i have so far and it is also helping with my landing.Meaning when i commence an RN role my employers will file for the LMO for a TFW visa,and subsequently after a 3 month probation apply for my PR via the PNP. I wish hope this has helped clarify things a bit better.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:27 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Remember that this forum is not about personal opinions but about facts and providing information. This has worked for me and i have even received an invitation from one of the local universities to complete my Nursing registration.I am going in a couple of months for this and my registration will follow and i have a job lined up in order to gain my "Canadian experience" prior to getting my License. Anyway what i am saying is that i have been on this since Feb,2010 and i visited Canada in Aug/Sept,2010 to complete my research. In Nov,2010 i got my final letter of invitation to complete the course and subsequently further information on on the process of getting a job. Hence the conditional job lined up for when i complete the process.
And also in regards, to working without a visa as a British citizen for up to 6 months is fact i have researched. Remember that we all have to do our own individual research/fact finding and this has worked for me. I guess i am lucky with the information i have so far and it is also helping with my landing.Meaning when i commence an RN role my employers will file for the LMO for a TFW visa,and subsequently after a 3 month probation apply for my PR via the PNP. I wish hope this has helped clarify things a bit better.
Hi

So are you working without a Visa but as a student? Does that restrict the number of hours you can work each week in the same way that it does in the UK?
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi,
Again, can you please provide a link from an official source (CIC etc) to back up what you have said? This is something that nobody on here (including those that work in immigration) have ever heard of. Personal experience is great, but if you are stating something as fact, particularly something as startling as being able to work without a work permit, it would be helpful to see the source from your research.

It may also be worth noting that PMM is an immigration pro, and our regular expert!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.