Education History

Old Aug 12th 2017, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Ashley_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education History

Hi Guys,

Me and my partner are in the process of applying for EE using an Canadian based attorney, we are around halfway through what we are calling Phase 1 (Gathering all the required information as requested by the attorney) before we submit the EE Profile.

My question is regards to education, we both have bachelors degree's and my partner has a post graduate certificate. We know we have to get transcripts for these but do we also have to go right back to our time in secondary school and get our GCSE's transcribed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

We are UK Based if that helps.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education History

no, no need to get GCSE's or A levels accredited. You get the points based on your highest level of education.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

No, you dont need that.
They will assess you based on your highest degree.
You just need to get ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
Look at this link might help you
Have your education assessed — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
Regards
Old Aug 12th 2017, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys!
Old Aug 12th 2017, 4:48 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what the professional you are paying should be telling you?
Old Aug 12th 2017, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it's good to get more than the highest qualification assessed. If you have a Bachelor's and a Master's sometimes it's a good idea to have both evaluated rather than only the Master's. For example sometimes your Masters will not be given a Canadian equivalency as a Master's. This does happen.

Bachelor's and post grad certificate: I would do both.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
Is this what the professional you are paying should be telling you?
Well they have a rough guide but they didn't go so in depth to how far back they ask for a high school diploma or certificate but you don't get them in the UK. You get GCSE's but they aren't the same as a generic diploma or certificate that I know other countries award upon completion of high school.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 4:03 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashley_03
Well they have a rough guide but they didn't go so in depth to how far back they ask for a high school diploma or certificate but you don't get them in the UK. You get GCSE's but they aren't the same as a generic diploma or certificate that I know other countries award upon completion of high school.
I would do it myself and save the cash. Not that hard to do.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ashley_03
Well they have a rough guide but they didn't go so in depth
If your consultant isn't even giving you basic info like this and you're having to ask on an Internet forum for the answer, I'd ditch them and do it yourself. Alarm bells are ringing! They should be giving you the details of exactly what they need from you.

What are you scoring on the CRS, is it definitely enough to get PR?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If your consultant isn't even giving you basic info like this and you're having to ask on an Internet forum for the answer, I'd ditch them and do it yourself. Alarm bells are ringing! They should be giving you the details of exactly what they need from you.

What are you scoring on the CRS, is it definitely enough to get PR?
I've paid now but I might not follow up with them once I get an ITA, it will all depend on how well they review information.

Currently I have a score of 443.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 4:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I do hope they are a member of iccrc-crcic - or a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada or their Provincial Law Society - otherwise CIC won't deal with them.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rep-choose.asp

Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I do hope they are a member of iccrc-crcic - or a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada or their Provincial Law Society - otherwise CIC won't deal with them.

Choose an immigration or citizenship representative

They have been suggested in other threads on this forums - it's Canada Visa. They have replied to emails and questions now.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

donnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond reputedonnydon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just before christmas we used ICAS for Hubby's credential assessment...
it took 29 weeks!

There is WES...who may be quicker, check online.

Just a friendly heads-up to move quick on it...!