Education assessment

Old Mar 11th 2013, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Education assessment

I read a link of a CA institution that assesses education. In it it says the Uni must send a degree and academic transcripts, is that likely?
I checked with my uni, they don't send degrees out, they issue one only unless it has been irrepairably damaged etc
Also will they actually look at things like GPA (grade point average) or is the degree enough.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Education assessment

Just been through all this. British Universities do not send out copy degrees but if you request it they will send you your academic transcript tied to your degree. You then send this with your degree certificate to an apostle service or a lawyer who will validate the authenticity of them. They are then passed to the institution you are applying to in Canada who will work equivalent in Canadian terms. In most cases a Degree is a Degree and appears to hold the same weight regardless which country it was achieved in. The discrepancies seem to lie in the secondary or further education categories where they seem to need the transcripts in order to verify both duration of studies and the weight of the qualification. Hope this helps

Regards

Angela
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:06 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education assessment

You might be thinking of ICAS

www.icascanada.ca
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I don't know..I am not in the country where my degree certificate was issued.

I really don't know how this is even going to happen I will never make the timelines or requirements.

Thanks anyway guys...appreciate le responses...
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link orly, is it likely that FSW would need a secondary school assessment? I dont even have those docs with me.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

AJ, did you do it via ICAS, so an apostilled degree is OK.

Because why would I send in my original degree if they are not returning it? I dont understand how anyone would do that!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

Hi, we used World Education Services Canada. Web site available if you just google it. They are a credible agency with branches in multiple countries and are widely used in many industries. However, there are other Apostle services available in the UK if you are more comfortable with them. We found this site very user friendly and if I remember correctly there is actually a link to them on the Canadian Teachers Registry web site.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Ang
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Greetings Ang, Yes that helps a bunch.

Many thanks and best wishes in your application and impending move!

floasty