British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   ECAS - Status update - but still the same as before?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/ecas-status-update-but-still-same-before-730203/)

garethnock Aug 27th 2011 4:10 pm

ECAS - Status update - but still the same as before??

Hi All, just a quick question.

Anyone experienced this: this morning I received an update from E-CAS tracker of an update on our application. But when I investigated it is the same status as it has been for the last few months???

Has anyone had this happen? I'm praying that they are looking at our case and good news (med req) is on it's way soon...... wishful thinking :)

Thanks

Gareth

sdo1982 Aug 27th 2011 4:18 pm

Re: ECAS - Status update - but still the same as before??

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 9585234)

Anyone experienced this: this morning I received an update from E-CAS tracker of an update on our application. But when I investigated it is the same status as it has been for the last few months???

Has anyone had this happen? I'm praying that they are looking at our case and good news (med req) is on it's way soon...... wishful thinking :)

Thanks

Gareth

Exactly the same happened to me this morning, I saw an email and got all excited, but the status is exactly the same.

Crushing Aug 27th 2011 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by garethnock (Post 9585234)

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Yes same has happened to us, the address has dissappeared once again but nothing else has changed at all.

Wish and pray something positive comes soon!:fingerscrossed:

Bal

garethnock Aug 27th 2011 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 9585245)
Exactly the same happened to me this morning, I saw an email and got all excited, but the status is exactly the same.

It's driving me MAD :confused: I have to know what is happening!!
are our cases being looked at??
are we about to get a letter for meds??
are we getting bad news??
ahhhhhhhhhhhh:frown:

I need to know.........

christmasoompa Aug 27th 2011 6:10 pm

Yes, happened to us loads and loads of times - probably at least 10 over the past year. We get an email from Ecas tracker, but nothing has changed at all.

Sorry, but don't think it's anything to get excited about!

:)

sdo1982 Aug 27th 2011 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9585350)
Yes, happened to us loads and loads of times - probably at least 10 over the past year. We get an email from Ecas tracker, but nothing has changed at all.

:p spoilsport

christmasoompa Aug 27th 2011 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdo1982 (Post 9585483)
:p spoilsport

I'm a mod, it's my job. ;):D

Jpod Aug 27th 2011 8:59 pm

Same here - I got all excited! At least I wasn't the only one!

Jools

Kaye5 Sep 1st 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Bal uk (Post 9585251)
Hi Gareth,

Yes same has happened to us, the address has dissappeared once again but nothing else has changed at all.

Wish and pray something positive comes soon!:fingerscrossed:

Bal

Is it normal for your home address to show? We've notified a change of address but no address shows on ECAS for us (old or new).

We are moving again and need to do mail redirection, but if we could see that they have changed the address to where we are now, we will only need to redirect from one address not two.

??

sdo1982 Sep 1st 2011 9:26 am

Our address normally shows, but now its gone again :rofl:
eCAS... :rofl: we all know its as reliable as Lada, but we all cling to it :thumbsup:

RKS_in_Calgary Sep 1st 2011 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9585350)

How do you get onto ECAS - we can't even log in - its just says we arent recognised? Is there somewhere else you can sign up for emails for updates?!

EDIT - sorry - just re-read that - we know how to get to the login for ECAS, it just doesnt recognice any of our nos.?

christmasoompa Sep 1st 2011 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary (Post 9594462)
How do you get onto ECAS - we can't even log in - its just says we arent recognised? Is there somewhere else you can sign up for emails for updates?!

EDIT - sorry - just re-read that - we know how to get to the login for ECAS, it just doesnt recognice any of our nos.?

Are you definitely choosing the right country i.e. England rather than 'UK & Colonies'? That's the most common problem.

Muppetgal Sep 1st 2011 5:58 pm

How do I find this to check our status?? I haven't even been told about this before...

christmasoompa Sep 1st 2011 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Muppetgal (Post 9594876)
How do I find this to check our status?? I haven't even been told about this before...

It's on the CIC website - just go to the bottom right hand side and click on something like 'check application status'.

Muppetgal Sep 1st 2011 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 9594881)
It's on the CIC website - just go to the bottom right hand side and click on something like 'check application status'.

Ah okay, thought this was something else (never heard the ECAS before)

yeah, this has never been able to find our file either for some reason, despite numerous variations.