Wikiposts

ECAS and Quebec questions

Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough
Default ECAS and Quebec questions

ECAS and Quebec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, We have applied for spouse visa / PR through my CAN wife, We presently live in the UK.
We sent the sponsor and PR forms to canada and have received the sponsorship approval from CIC (approval june 3rd).
Medical was done last month

My questions are
1, When does my case appear on ECAS?,
2, do I use MY name and details or my sponsors?. (we have the receipt #)
3, does it make any difference because we are going to live in Quebec.

I have looked all over the CIC site and cannot find the answer,

My apologies if this has been covered before.

This was originally posted in a different section by mistake (newbyitus)

Charles
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ECAS and Quebec questions

Originally Posted by dgpondhoppper
ECAS and Quebec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, We have applied for spouse visa / PR through my CAN wife, We presently live in the UK.
We sent the sponsor and PR forms to canada and have received the sponsorship approval from CIC (approval june 3rd).
Medical was done last month

My questions are
1, When does my case appear on ECAS?,
2, do I use MY name and details or my sponsors?. (we have the receipt #)
3, does it make any difference because we are going to live in Quebec.

I have looked all over the CIC site and cannot find the answer,

My apologies if this has been covered before.

This was originally posted in a different section by mistake (newbyitus)

Charles
1. Ecas is not accurate. Don't bother checking it.
2. You have to use your name since you are the principal applicant
3. It makes no difference where you are going to stay.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bhalerao
1. Ecas is not accurate. Don't bother checking it.
2. You have to use your name since you are the principal applicant
3. It makes no difference where you are going to stay.
ECAS is definately not reliable...our case is currently showing up as "withdrawn" even though we did not withdraw it, and we have had word from CHC via email that we will be getting a letter about my husband having to go for an interview. So, I agree, don't rely on it.

On the second point, we have actually never been able to get into ECAS using my husband's details and he is the applicant. I am the sponsor and we can get in using my details.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice

Hi there,

We've had my husband's passport request and he still cannot log in with his details. I have been able to log in with my details from about a week before the sponsorship was approved. I used my (the sponsor's) name and my date of birth along with our receipt number from our online payment. I was able to see that my husband's PR had a 'decision made' from my own page - so it's just as good as logging in with the principal applicant's info.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your helpful replies, I guess I will just keep trying and see what happens. looks like we have a 2-3 month wait for progress.