Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ECAS "In Process" after 3 weeks?? (Inland Spousal)

ECAS "In Process" after 3 weeks?? (Inland Spousal)

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:05 am
Zed
Forum Regular

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECAS "In Process" after 3 weeks?? (Inland Spousal)

We sent in my wife's in-land spousal PR application on Jan 17, 2007. I logged in to e-Client Application Status today and it says the following:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 22, 2007.

We started processing your application on February 16, 2007.
Why would they have already started processing the application? I thought you don't see anything on their website until they are REALLY processing it (i.e. 7-9 months after they receive it). Could it be that they are actually doing hers now?

Along with the PR application, we also sent in an application to extend her stay as a visitor. The "implied status" wasn't sufficient for us, because having an actual visitor record qualifies her for Medicare coverage in our province. (Her Medicare expired along with her visitor record on Jan 17.)

She has been in Canada since 2004 and had several visitor records, the last of which expired Jan 17 (the day we mailed the PR app). Could it be that they fast-tracked it because they didn't want to issue another temporary visitor record?

Last edited by Zed; Mar 13th 2007 at 2:48 am.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of
Default Re: ECAS "In Process" after 3 weeks?? (Inland Spousal)

Well my e-cas says they "started processing" my application the day they acknweldged recieving it, ie AUG 04!
So i think "processing" loosley translates in to we processsed the fact that we have recieved it!!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

ECAS has said "In process" since I first checked in Dec 06. Started processing my application on 7/11/06 - about 2 weeks after it arrived. Don't get too excited by this
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:25 am
Zed
Forum Regular

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll hold my breath until later this year!

On a bright note, her visitor record was extended, so that takes off the pressure for now (i.e. her Medicare coverage can be renewed).

Thanks & good luck to all.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

MesserMoony is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same position just a couple of weeks behind you. To give you an idea when I called them they said it will be about 3 - 4 months before they will begin processing the form. Or at least that was what I was told about 2 weeks ago.