Wikiposts

ecas - "In Process"

Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:40 am
mmj
Forum Regular

mmj is on a distinguished road
Default ecas - "In Process"

I've been looking at ecas for over 3 years now - and it still just says 'In Process'...
Old Skilled worker application.
Meds completed in Jan 2009.
Requested more info in March.
Had email with CIC (I emailed change of address) and am told that 'we are currently awaiting the results of routine background checks being conducted on your file. This appears to be the last remaining requirement.'
That was at the start of May.

Still seeing 'In Process' - no sign of PPR.

Would ecas status change from 'In Process' BEFORE PPR is sent?
Or does ecas status change when they have passports and put visa in?
Or is this all completely arbitrary and wasting my time worrying about it???

Any advice would be welcome.
Thank you
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ecas - "In Process"

Waste of time really. For some people ecas doesnt even change until weeks after landing. All you can do is wait.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

I would second the above reply - forget about the ecas statements - they are worse than useless. Ours never changed until a week after our brown envelope arrived!
Keep positive and try to stay sane....it's on it's way I'm sure!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:19 am
mmj
Forum Regular

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm just going to stop looking at ecas, and just keep checking the mailbox

Tomorrow is another mail day... 5 more disappointing mail days til next weekend...

One day - one day - SOMETHING has to arrive...

Do you think CIC have any idea at all how heart wrenching this whole process is???
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

yeahthatsme is an unknown quantity at this point

MMJ, mate i feel ya, its painful this waiting game im in the same boat they are doing background checks on me. Have a wife and kid waiting for my arrival in Canada! Trying to keep my head up but is hard! All the best mate
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

I know how you both feel, I'm lucky that my wife is with me here in the UK but she is very homesick and it kills me to see her so down somedays. We just want to get moving so we can put down some roots, find jobs/contribute to the Canadian economy and actually start having a life we can enjoy. feels like our lifes have been on hold here for the last 18 mths.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Man this has been so challenging it has really affected our relationship, ive missed out on my sons first year. I thought our application was pretty smooth as we got our documents back in March, but we have been told on the 29th April they are doing back ground checks. Man honestly im loosing hope, going insane... its crazy!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yeahthatsme
Man this has been so challenging it has really affected our relationship, ive missed out on my sons first year. I thought our application was pretty smooth as we got our documents back in March, but we have been told on the 29th April they are doing back ground checks. Man honestly im loosing hope, going insane... its crazy!
Where abouts are you mate? I don't know how far from Southampton you are but if you fancy a couple of let me know....I can travel a bit.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

LOL thanks mate im in London at the moment, iv packed up everything and its been sent to YVR by sea, im crashing at my aunts house till i get my visa was hoping for a short 3 month stay its now been 6 months. Oh well really hope for some good news before our anniversary in August!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

lifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to alllifeisajourney is a name known to all

Hi, We too are going nuts just waiting and waiting for something. I almost wish they didn't have ecas as even though everyone tells me it's useless and hardly ever updated, you still find yourself obessively checking it, as it's the only thing you can do.

I guess we just all have to hang in there and vent our frustrations here every so often.

Keep smiling.

Last edited by lifeisajourney; Jun 23rd 2009 at 4:19 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:50 am
mmj
Forum Regular

Wow - that kinda puts things in perspective for me!
At least I'm here in Canada and I have my close family around me.
Our biggest issues are around the horrid uncertainty, and not being able to plan a trip back to Ireland/England to visit our family - some of whom have never met our baby twins...

Can't imagine how hard it must be for some of you other guys.
Like they say - if you put everyones problems in a pile, we'd all scramble to grab our own ones back...

I guess 'chin up' and 'it will work out - eventually' - is all we can all hope for, eh?
(I'm naturalising, see that 'eh', eh?