ECAS PR Help

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECAS PR Help

Hello All,

My wife and I sent our initial P.R. application to Sydney, NS in November 2009. We received our 2nd stage acknowledgement of receipt (AOR), on the 30th March 2010.

From March up until a month ago the system would not recognise me when entering place of birth as Wales. As other people have experienced, when I selected England as my place of birth it showed my status (received by visa office) with the details below:

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on February 10, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

When I checked my status today, it now doesn't recognise me when I select place of birth as England, but it does when I enter Wales. Does this mean that somebody has looked at my file? Can I be hopeful that the status changes next Tuesday? Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Rob.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECAS PR Help

I don't have an answer to your question, but for the months your application is in the hands of CIC it isn't just sitting their gathering dust, it's passed between different people and departments for various reasons and it's likely one of them simply spotted the error and had it corrected. Hopefully it does mean your app will be processed soon and considering you submitted in November; it should be well on it's way by now.
Good luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

androb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CanadaJimmy,
Thanks for your reply. I did think that files were just sat on one embassy officers desk waiting to be processed. Thanks for clearing it up for me Hopefully our status will change to in process soon.

Kind regards,
Rob.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by androb
Hello All,

My wife and I sent our initial P.R. application to Sydney, NS in November 2009. We received our 2nd stage acknowledgement of receipt (AOR), on the 30th March 2010.

From March up until a month ago the system would not recognise me when entering place of birth as Wales. As other people have experienced, when I selected England as my place of birth it showed my status (received by visa office) with the details below:

"We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 1, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on February 10, 2010. The London England office may contact you."

When I checked my status today, it now doesn't recognise me when I select place of birth as England, but it does when I enter Wales. Does this mean that somebody has looked at my file? Can I be hopeful that the status changes next Tuesday? Has anybody experienced the same thing?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Rob.
You are not far behind us, so I'm sure your status will change very soon, perhaps this tuesday even.
lns