Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:27 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

Hi,

OK the good news is that we can now check our status on ECAS!

It says "In process".

The bad news when we click the status link is that it says:

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 30, 2010.
Medical results have been received."


Obviously we have not had medical requests yet, let alone had them done or sent them in. Several people on another forum have had exactly the same thing.

Quite a few people I know post-June-26 when enquiring at visa offices have been wrongly told that they have 120 days to submit their full documents (obviously this is pre-June-26 rules not post-June-26 rules).

So things look a bit ascew at visa offices at the moment.
Teething problems with GCMS do u think?

They seem to update things on Tuesdays so let's see if they correct it next week.

Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:32 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 23
havana is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
Hi,

OK the good news is that we can now check our status on ECAS!

It says "In process".

The bad news when we click the status link is that it says:

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 30, 2010.
Medical results have been received."


Obviously we have not had medical requests yet, let alone had them done or sent them in. Several people on another forum have had exactly the same thing.

Quite a few people I know post-June-26 when enquiring at visa offices have been wrongly told that they have 120 days to submit their full documents (obviously this is pre-June-26 rules not post-June-26 rules).

So things look a bit ascew at visa offices at the moment.
Teething problems with GCMS do u think?

They seem to update things on Tuesdays so let's see if they correct it next week.

Wayne.
hello

yes it really seems bit messy, if have tight plans: application received 18 Oct 2010 under FSW, till not got nothing, if I cannot go in Sep, will be in trouble with my plans. from google spreadsheets I noticed that only Manila office kicked the next step (AOR), so seems that other offices are behind, and as London's office is really very busy serving many countries, that make fears of ''more time'' even bigger.
do you know any other source for other sheets like our google ones to show the status?
thanks alot
havana is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:51 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Waggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Loughborough, England, UK
Posts: 908
Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

Originally Posted by havana View Post
hello

yes it really seems bit messy, if have tight plans: application received 18 Oct 2010 under FSW, till not got nothing, if I cannot go in Sep, will be in trouble with my plans. from google spreadsheets I noticed that only Manila office kicked the next step (AOR), so seems that other offices are behind, and as London's office is really very busy serving many countries, that make fears of ''more time'' even bigger.
do you know any other source for other sheets like our google ones to show the status?
thanks alot
Hi. If your application was received on 18th October then hopefully you will hear from CIO with confirmation of your final eligibility review very soon, possibly as early as this week.

Regrettably after that point everything will be very visa-office centric, and London are not renowned for their speed.

However, I am taking heart by CIO changing their guidelines to strongly advise people to include their PCC with their application to CIO. Surely they wouldn't do this if they were not confident that the majority of cases would be finalised within 12 months of sending applications to CIO?

Although the AORs from Manila are quoting 6 to 12 months, the only thing the office has to go on is the timelines for pre-June-26 applicants. Post-June-26 applications have already had their final eligibility review and a good chunk of the selection and admissability done by the time it gets to the visa office. So there is much less work for the visa office to do (just security/background checks/medicals).

I reckon people are looking at around 6 to 8 weeks to get medical requests once they get the 2nd AOR from visa office, and around 4 months from 2nd AOR to getting a visa.

If you are looking to go in September really you wanna be crossing fingers for getting 2nd AOR by April/May time.

Of course it is all guesswork at this stage!
Wayne.
Waggle is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:12 am
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 23
havana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECAS for post June 26 2010 applicants

Originally Posted by Waggle View Post
Hi. If your application was received on 18th October then hopefully you will hear from CIO with confirmation of your final eligibility review very soon, possibly as early as this week.

Regrettably after that point everything will be very visa-office centric, and London are not renowned for their speed.

However, I am taking heart by CIO changing their guidelines to strongly advise people to include their PCC with their application to CIO. Surely they wouldn't do this if they were not confident that the majority of cases would be finalised within 12 months of sending applications to CIO?

Although the AORs from Manila are quoting 6 to 12 months, the only thing the office has to go on is the timelines for pre-June-26 applicants. Post-June-26 applications have already had their final eligibility review and a good chunk of the selection and admissability done by the time it gets to the visa office. So there is much less work for the visa office to do (just security/background checks/medicals).

I reckon people are looking at around 6 to 8 weeks to get medical requests once they get the 2nd AOR from visa office, and around 4 months from 2nd AOR to getting a visa.

If you are looking to go in September really you wanna be crossing fingers for getting 2nd AOR by April/May time.

Of course it is all guesswork at this stage!
Wayne.
thanks alot, it is really important and useful to share. new systems are implemented....how knows, may be for better.
havana is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.