ECAS issue

Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Ice Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the rough
Default ECAS issue

I know most people don't put a whole lot of stock in the ECAS thingy, but I still wanted to ask a quick question about it. I sent my passport over to London a few weeks back to get PR visa put in, and I tried to log in to my ECAS yesterday and it won't let me in. It worked all through the process until now. Is this good/bad, anyone had a similar experience?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:34 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECAS issue

Are you absolutely sure you're using the right details? It can get very pernickety over things like country - you have to specify "England" if you're from England, for example.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Ice Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the roughIce Man is a jewel in the rough

100 percent sure I'm putting the details in right!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine never works... :<
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:27 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I would not read too much into this. Your visas will come and who cares about Ecas. It has always been unreliable. Often one of the reasons you cannot get onto the system is that they have misspelled your name. Also it is down for maintenance sometimes. etc. etc.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:20 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

We were actually quite excited today - as suddenly we could not log into ecas in my maiden name (the name we applied with). Ecas has now been updated to reflect my married name. We told CHC London about the change months ago, so we were very surprised to see the change today.

We were wondering if this means they are working on our file now. We are August 2005 applicants and we received the 90 day update letter almost 8 months ago. Does the name change on ecas give any sort of indication that we may get our initial assessment/med requests soon?

Probably not... but here is hoping.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:18 am
especially the mint one

club_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really nice

to ask the blatantly obvious,

does "gotoronto" mean what I think it does...?